raaus getting serious about acr's

1 hour ago, Blueadventures said:

How did the 3 acr's finish up?  All pass?

Looked at the one for sale, needed more info, some work to be done, needs to see flying, so a Draft ACR awaiting these things.  Suggested we take the other home and he will do it there.  The third he didn't get to.  The lad buying the first one knows a L2 but, like ours, has to fit it in around his day job.  So nothing has gone to RAAus to see if it will pass.  I guess it will, because the L2 we used was very thorough.  The previous L2 (now long retired) wrote up the Log with little detail eg "changed prop" to what?? "Installed new engine" - type? serial No.? wasn't brand new, so how many hours and where did it come from?  The L2 is clarifying all this with help from us.  On-going saga.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Who's JOB is THAT, really? Report is a 'Condition"  report. Anything beyond would have to be done in the spirit of  assistance to People who don't deserve it. Having incomplete records like that would render a VH plane very difficult to get back on the register. Parts are bogus unless they have a Maintenance release. 19- XXXX is much more lenient.  Nev

9 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Who's JOB is THAT, really? Report is a 'Condition"  report. Anything beyond would have to be done in the spirit of  assistance to People who don't deserve it. Having incomplete records like that would render a VH plane very difficult to get back on the register. Parts are bogus unless they have a Maintenance release. 19- XXXX is much more lenient.  Nev

A good thing done with gliders under GFA was the 10 yearly survey checks that included a w&b and wing frequency check ( I found these difficult to do; just me).  Never good having no records; engine / airframe / propeller hours and landings etc.  Engine must achieve full rpm for condition report plus all the other checks.  Otherwise best do the transfer form #26 and buyer take a punt that it will pass the ACR #013 at a later date.

From an unknown background I'd dismantle the engine and check it before I flew it. Making high revs doesn't mean it will have any reliability in  service. We do depend on our motor a lot more than other's do  when in a single engined plane  over stuff you definitely don't want to have to land on/in . Its not a lawn mower either and when there were a lot of 2 strokes around, I've seen some I wouldn't put in a lawn mower   Nev

Edited by facthunter
  • Like 1