raaus getting serious about acr's

1 minute ago, turboplanner said:

The documents.....................

True but, it’s obvious the system is not working and enforcement as it stands seems to have problems.  Then RAA’s crash.  investigations policy……?

6 minutes ago, jackc said:

True but, it’s obvious the system is not working and enforcement as it stands seems to have problems.  Then RAA’s crash.  investigations policy……?

Nothing's obvious, this is starting to look like a men's shed beat up, so I'd suggest you post the documents so people can see for themselves.

On 1/3/2024 at 5:47 PM, BrendAn said:

I guess there have been enough complaints like yours to get them doing something. 

I got brushed off, on my phone call and was told ‘ we don’t care if your wings are stuck on with blue tack’. End of call 🤢

I guess it would stop someone who, say, bought a wreck which had been submerged under the sea and rebuilt it to sell, but unless some documents surface I can understand why the switchgirl would flick people.

That person I spoke with should only ever be a switchboard  operator looking after 3 extensions, any more  would be an overload for them……..

" Logbook for inspection " .

A little more : if you are not  currently a RAA member. 

Will they have any durisdiction over a seller.

( selling because ,

no longer ' flying ' . So no need to be a RAA member ) .

It applies to me & I guess other ex-RAA members .

spacesailor

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spacesailor said:

" Logbook for inspection " .

A little more : if you are not  currently a RAA member. 

Will they have any durisdiction over a seller.

( selling because ,

no longer ' flying ' . So no need to be a RAA member ) .

It applies to me & I guess other ex-RAA members .

spacesailor

You can sell or buy an aircraft with numbers on the side without a condition report however the new owner cannot register with RAAus without getting a condition report.

For newbies to flying a condition report may seem like getting a maintenance release for a VH aircraft, it is not the same thing. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

10 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

You can sell or buy an aircraft with numbers on the side without a condition report however the new owner cannot register with RAAus without getting a condition report.

For newbies to flying a condition report may seem like getting a maintenance release for a VH aircraft, it is not the same thing. 

Yep agree; if unflyable the seller completes a form 26 and the buyer arranges the condition report (form 013) at a later date then gets registration and can fly. 

• Informative 1

As a non-member of RAA .

Can anyone , here on the forum , obtain those ' 26 & 013 

RAA forms , for me .

Just to save my face .

Many thanks in advance. 

spacesailor

41 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

As a non-member of RAA .

Can anyone , here on the forum , obtain those ' 26 & 013 

RAA forms , for me .

Just to save my face .

Many thanks in advance. 

spacesailor

Just do a google search for RAAus form 013 and then 026 and you will have them.

19 hours ago, Blueadventures said:

Yep agree; if unflyable the seller completes a form 26 and the buyer arranges the condition report (form 013) at a later date then gets registration and can fly. 

you can still do a condition report on an unflyable aircraft and register it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

you can still do a condition report on an unflyable aircraft and register it. 

An example re my comment would be if engine won’t achieve high rpm then acr marked fail and RAAus will not register until reported that engine seen achieving high rpm.  Only way forward is #26 for seller and a #13 at a later date then RAAus will issue current reg certificate.

• Informative 1

Not .

In my case the aircraft achieved registration

AUF 95-10-1103.

But was de-registered  by RAA .

Wings to small ! .

One day , I'LL GET MY WINGS .

Without RAA getting a say in " what causes icing " .

Or any other " Test " .

spacesailor

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 7:24 AM, turboplanner said:

Nothing's obvious, this is starting to look like a men's shed beat up, so I'd suggest you post the documents so people can see for themselves.

I am more interested in the future policy for training L2s as many of the current problems will solve themselves if we grow the L2 population. IF RAA pull any L2s Authority for what ever reason, then that will be even less people to do L2 work. 
So, will RAA bite the bullet on L2 training?  All I have heard is Crickets………..

• Informative 1

4 hours ago, jackc said:

I am more interested in the future policy for training L2s as many of the current problems will solve themselves if we grow the L2 population. IF RAA pull any L2s Authority for what ever reason, then that will be even less people to do L2 work. 
So, will RAA bite the bullet on L2 training?  All I have heard is Crickets………..

Someone else found the documents, explained wha was required, not having problems.

On 6/3/2024 at 7:24 AM, turboplanner said:

It lies deep in the bowels of Part-149, according to a phone conversation I had, but even CASA say on their page if i have trouble with it, to contact them. 

https://www.legislation.gov.au/help-and-resources/using-the-legislation-register/known-issues

Edited by jackc
Add url

11 hours ago, jackc said:

I am more interested in the future policy for training L2s as many of the current problems will solve themselves if we grow the L2 population.

RAAus offers scholarships for training Maintainers.  The latest round closes 31st March.  If you want to get into L2 work, then here's the application form.  https://raaus.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Scholarship-Application-Form-Maintainer-2024_Fillable.pdf

The application form has a lot of information that relates to the Flying Training (CFI's recommendation etc), so they have a bit of work to divorce the AirServices funded flying training information from the Maintainers' which is fully RAAus funded.  Any age group, funding for tools, assistance with training placement.

I know two people who are presently going through the process to become L2.  Both are very experienced builders, pilots, but are retirement age.  The scholarship might help a bloke in mortgage stress etc who has a passion but not the funds or training avenues.

• Informative 1

10 hours ago, turboplanner said:

It's in the bowels of something, but I don't think the Crimes Act 1914 would be an help.

That was a link off the CASA Part-149 page…….maybe it was broken?  

Correct me IF I am wrong, but I have never seen an L2 Maintainers Course advertised by RAAus?  Applications for Scolarships?  Thanks for link.

7 hours ago, facthunter said:

You would need to consider what Liabilities you carry in that job, and how you would be indemnified.  Nev

Just a suitable PL policy and a short course on duty of care to make sure you didn't make repeat breaches.

You can't indemnify against a Tort.

58 minutes ago, jackc said:

Correct me IF I am wrong, but I have never seen an L2 Maintainers Course advertised by RAAus?  Applications for Scolarships?  Thanks for link.

About 12 years ago they planned 4 'L2' training courses.  12 persons on each.  I made the cut for the first but had to decline as had a trip planned that period.  The second was to be in Townsville and that was also closer to me.  The cost was $400 and you got to keep the supplied course tools and their value was at least $400.  Myles B was to run the 2nd, 3rd and 4th courses.  The first one occurred.  The next ones were cancelled due to no available funds in RAAus (the year before RAAus asked members to pay multiple memberships so they then experienced the reality of a reduced cash in flow the next year as they got the money the year before.  Sadly the L2 courses never got traction.  At a fly in a number of years back at an RAAus talk I asked the two Michael's about when L2 training would happen again. Their reply RAAus doesn't do training that's for Tafe.  So maintainers are to gain their own training and experience. They didn't seem to care.

• Informative 3

Myself being an SAAA member, I have enquired there and I believe they have training plans afoot but not sure how progressed it is, and I am not sure of the syllabus planning either, I may have more info after the Wentworth Flyin.  I wanted to attend that but unfortunately I cannot.  RAA in handballing it off to TAFE? Well I guess that will be the end of any L2 training?  Maybe CASA need to make it part of their charter? 

I have tried finding that '' AIRCRAFT CONDITION FORM  n0., 26 '' .

But No 26 gives me'' change of ownership form . the form 025 seems to be 95-10- 1103.  instead of '' LSA '' .

spacesailor