Charging Hand Held Transceiver

Hi All,

I have a handheld back up  ICOM airband transceiver and a Uniden handheld CB for contacting farming friends (as I overfly).

I have 240V charging stations for each unit. I would like to be able to charge them from my aircrafts 12V port - To this end I have done one line research - nothing yet. I have alosocontacted both manufactures for advice (nothing yet).

Do any of you have a solution?

Hi RF - time has a habit of producing solutions (ie I just need to be patient).

ICOM advise that that the CP 23L will do the job.

Still costly, at around $50 delivered,  for a a length of twin core  and a plug at each end.

One supplier was kind enough to suggest a considerably cheaper option, GME LEO12,   about $25  deliver, that she has supplied to others, with at least no return/complaints.

I replied to this a while back didn't I? Where's my post gone? Did someone report it?!?

I'm not so old that I am that technologically illiterate yet...:pc revenge:

but a CP23 is just a cig light plug and a 2.1 or 2.5mm DC jack -- so a plug from jaycar for $2 you can do the job ???

2 minutes ago, RFguy said:

but a CP23 is just a cig light plug and a 2.1 or 2.5mm DC jack -- so a plug from jaycar for $2 you can do the job ???

Wow! Thanks for that.

Is there really no practical difference between each chord, other than the size & polarity of the small plug?

I always thought that the cigaret lighter (fatter) plug had some electronic gizmos inside.

It seems odd to me 

To have an aircraft and worry about a one off purchase of a power lead for $50. Just buy it.

• Agree 2

Life is far too short to  get everything to suit your exact purposes. Probably easier with models where the Market is very well served.Nev

For 20 years I powered an Icom A20 in a couple of simple aircraft using exactly the setup as described by Glen. Absolutely safe, just mind the polarity. Don

• Like 2