Helicopter stolen from Bankstown

now, with everyone required to wear an ASIC, anti terrorism fences everywhere, coded locks everywhere, how did this happen....thumb_down

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=458781&rss=yes

yep, someone just walked on in, and took of in a helicopter...... so what was the point of all that cash being spent on ASICS again?

Umm, have to pay for all those people in the green shirts somehow. There was a time when they used to be parking attendants, now they are ¨security operatives¨. I reckon they were more use as parking attendants. 071_yawn.gif.43c7f5f86675fec124ffe33bd2e896f0.gif

Guest High Plains Drifter

LOL......... this is going to be good :rotary:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif...where my choppa gone

102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

It's very odd though, isn't it? I wonder how many rated pilots there are in the country who could take it?

From the article it looks like it was owned by the guy who was killed doing aerobatics without any aeros training?

I wonder how many rated pilots there are in the country who could take it?

Who said the thief was rated, if he got caught do I don't think he'd be worried about CASA giving him a rap over the knuckles.

Presumably there are a lot of people out there who are unknown to the current aviation community in Australia but have enough training to allow them to pilot an aircraft, maybe not well, but well enough to get themselves on the ground where they want to go, I doubt if they care about bending the aircraft in the process.

I was at Taree during the week. The helicopter was sitting there with police crawling all over it for fingerprints, etc

The really weird things were :

1. It was beautifully parked

2. It had been nicely prepared for sitting overnight (rotor tie downs fitted, etc)

3. The rego had been removed

4. It was apparently flown there at night (take a bit of skill I think ?)

Something a bit fishy I think.

Guest Fred Bear
I was at Taree during the week. The helicopter was sitting there with police crawling all over it for fingerprints, etcThe really weird things were :

1. It was beautifully parked

2. It had been nicely prepared for sitting overnight (rotor tie downs fitted, etc)

3. The rego had been removed

4. It was apparently flown there at night (take a bit of skill I think ?)

Something a bit fishy I think.

Apart from the rego methinkso too.

Darren, the weird thing about the rego was that is was obviously removed - and the thing was parked in the middle of a busy airport - I would have thought if they wanted to hide it they would have landed in a paddock or something.

Guest Fred Bear
Darren, the weird thing about the rego was that is was obviously removed - and the thing was parked in the middle of a busy airport - I would have thought if they wanted to hide it they would have landed in a paddock or something.

Yes, the whole saga is quite strange. Will be good to see what on earth did go on there.

Guest brentc

There are plenty of pilots out there are capable of flying a Jet Ranger/Kiowa, but they are not in abundance as it's quite a step up from a 22/44. Certainly not a job for a beginner thief, especially at night. Personally, purely speculating, sounds like money was owed to someone and this was their way of getting it back again, however you'd think it would be in a paddock somewhere being stripped for parts you'd think.