Oil filter wrench for Rotax 912 filters.

This is a wrench suitable for using when removing Rotax 912 oil filters.  I found this on Thingiverse and a mate made a couple for me.

Image of the black one is the one made last night.

Worth getting made.  

Cheers Mike

image.thumb.png.ee93d63ce919b3f87e34d17b6d29998e.png

Oil filter wrench Rotax.jpg

This is what I have used for the last 15 years. Has never failed me. Good in a tight spot. Will accommodate a wide variation in spin on filter sizes. About $12 on EBay.

60-120mm Oil Filter Removal Tool Car Wrench Adjustable Strap Wrench

Hi guys,

After many years trying to find something that worked I came across the wonderful strap wrench. Available at Bunnings in multiple sizes for <$15. Works a treat!

Cheers,

Neil

1 hour ago, skippydiesel said:

This is what I have used for the last 15 years. Has never failed me. Good in a tight spot. Will accommodate a wide variation in spin on filter sizes. About $12 on EBay.

60-120mm Oil Filter Removal Tool Car Wrench Adjustable Strap Wrench

Out of date now, too many people were getting the filters off so the engine designers mounted them upright, but under the vehicle near the sump, so you need two; one which loosens the filter from the top, which also needs a knuckle joint to get under some electronics and one to spin the filter on its top from underneath.

2 hours ago, turboplanner said:

Out of date now, too many people were getting the filters off so the engine designers mounted them upright, but under the vehicle near the sump, so you need two; one which loosens the filter from the top, which also needs a knuckle joint to get under some electronics and one to spin the filter on its top from underneath.

So far this filter remover has not failed me - mowers, cars, generators, tractors - all done!

The beauty of it is the "strap" is some sort of spring steel, with raised dimples for added grip. The strap is very thin, so access has never been an issue and the tightening mechanism easy to manipulate, even in difficult access situations, to get a good grip. I even managed to do a filter on a Suzuki Vitara - the worst access I have ever come across.

Anyhow access to aircraft filters is easy, due to being able to remove the body (cowling) so I am not sure what you are referring to.

8 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

I used a canvas strap type tool, but since I have a printer, .ight be worth making one of these 🙂

Same here as well and these printed ones will have no slipage.   My mate made me 3 and gave 2 to two mates on Sunday.

• Like 1