Just a lovely little inspirational flight in the english countryside :)

Beautiful.  Interesting footage of the takeoff - assume drone - hadn't seen a plane take off from that perspective before.

• Like 1

Yep.. And there are excellent add ons to FS2020 as well as XPlane 11....

Everything looked too smooth in the flowing scenes and too jumpy in the cluttered scenes.

I don't think I said it was a sim. The shadow would not be there as it was, in a sim. Nice fin and rudder on that plane. Makes it easier to control.  Nev

13 hours ago, facthunter said:

I don't think I said it was a sim. The shadow would not be there as it was, in a sim. Nice fin and rudder on that plane. Makes it easier to control.  Nev

I guess you didn't.

A Sim would have all shadows in the right place though, they use realistic physics. If your PC isn't the latest and greatest, shadows is one of the first things to turn off. 

• Haha 1

The drone footage at the beginning was superb. Pity it couldn't keep up with the aircraft but then that was part of the clip when it came back for the landing taxi and stop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kgwilson said:

The drone footage at the beginning was superb. Pity it couldn't keep up with the aircraft but then that was part of the clip when it came back for the landing taxi and stop.

I actually think he deliberately slowed down for the shit. A friend of mine regularly posts 4k footage from his racing drone, and I think that goes over 200km/h. Not saying this particular drone is capable of those speeds, but if you wanted more close footage you could use a faster drone for the takeoff sequence, and something else for other footage. You'd need to, racing drones don't run for all that long 😄

5 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

I actually think he deliberately slowed down for the shit. A friend of mine regularly posts 4k footage from his racing drone, and I think that goes over 200km/h. Not saying this particular drone is capable of those speeds, but if you wanted more close footage you could use a faster drone for the takeoff sequence, and something else for other footage. You'd need to, racing drones don't run for all that long 😄

• Like 1

I had no idea these things existed. I watched a video of a racing drone beat a Tesla Model S Plaid which has 1020 HP & 1420 NM of torque as well as a Red Bull F1 car over a standing 1/4 mile track. The drone took off vertically, transitioned to horizontal flight and went from 0 to 300 km/h in 2 seconds. That is insane.

• Like 2