Missing Ultralight in Nth Qld

Guest David C

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy....thanks you beat me to it.

What a 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif!!! And a nice effort for his/her first post wouldn't you say.

No where did I make any "self-righteousness" type remarks, just as politely as I could stated a few bits of information from folk who were involved with their departure. Also similar comments from another well known person who may or may not have spoken directly to a party on the trip.

At no point did I set out to make any distatseful comments at all and if you follow the rest of the discussion on the thread it may be a useful contribution to someones safety in future.

No matter what caused the accident it is a sad loss, end of argument. If what has been suggested is true, then its even worse in the sense that the family lost two not 1. Many of us fly with that responsibility on a daily basis.

Mr/Mrs 120knots, I do offer my condolences to you and others affected by such a tragic loss.

J

And I hope we can leave it there people.

We understand that you were affected directly and personally 120knots, and you have our condolences. I thought this thread handled the matter responsibly and sensitively, and still turned it into a positive - in the sense that safety issues were raised in general (and almost every poster stated that it was not in reference to this accident), and that people may think more about their own situations.

This is as good as people get, and I'm proud to be involved with this group.

To taste the other extreme, try PPRUNE.

Ross

Guest High Plains Drifter

slartibartfast wrote -

I thought this thread handled the matter responsibly and sensitively, and still turned it into a positive

slartibartfast, that would have to be the biggest load off drivel I have read in this forum. Seems to me this sad accident was turned into a way to make more traffic for this forum thumb_down

Seems to me this sad accident was turned into a way to make more traffic for this forum thumb_down

To High Plains Drivel

1st you state that Slarti is talking nonsense and then you sprout that garbage, to which I reply:

1 I do not accept your contentiom that this forum does anything to "make more traffic".

That is disparaging nonsense (in my experience here) and you do yourself a disservice by gushing it.

2 There is certainly a group here who take the bleeding heart view that if there has been an accident, it should not be discussed for fear of upsetting families or anyone else that knows the accidentees. We have seen numerous examples of that here over recent years, when it turned out that on investigation the actual chances of the families reading the posts was low or negligable.

3 I agree with AndyS's post.

4 The Moderators here do a commendable job in keeping discussions reasonable.

5 Those who don't agree with some thread or another always have the option to not read it or leave the forum temporarily or permanently or to argue their case, but not to combine the latter with the garbage accusation that you included in your post as quoted above.

If you really do believe that Ian and Ross are "building traffic" in the manner you accuse them of, why don't you just leave the group (please)?

Regards Geoff

Guest pelorus32
To High Plains Drivel[snip]

2 There is certainly a group here who take the bleeding heart view that if there has been an accident, it should not be discussed for fear of upsetting families or anyone else that knows the accidentees. We have seen numerous examples of that here over recent years, when it turned out that on investigation the actual chances of the families reading the posts was low or negligable.

[snip]

Regards Geoff

G'day Geoff,

I agree with your post...except that I've never been called a bleeding heart before:cool:

The way I see it within reasonable bounds people can make their own judgements on the forums about whether to engage and what to say. I think Ian and the team do a good job of walking the moderation tight rope. In my case I agree with them about 50% of the time and not the other 50% so they are probably getting it pretty right for me.

As for building traffic...if we didn't want to talk then we wouldn't. "They" whoever they are, can't build traffic, because "they" have a disparate group of individualists in these forums who'll ultimately do what they want.

Having said that guys I think some of us could have been gentler with 120 knots.

Regards

Mike

Guest Andys@coffs

I have never been one who calls a spade anything other than what it is. I’ve been counselled at work for being too blunt and occasionally overbearing. I accept that, however if I had chosen to wait overnight to post with the logic that calmer heads would have prevailed the post would have stood as it is except for the ostrich comment...... (thought, but unsaid)

If I offended anyone, including 120 then I apologise for the hurt, but dont stand away from what I said.

So. 120..... what say you?

Thread will remain closed.

HPD is given a 2 week suspension to cool off for not only comments made in this thread but in other threads as well that is of an antagonising and unfriendly manner.

Again, damned if I do and damned if I don't and still practising :big_grin: