Little Pete's Big Adventure

Matt

For those in Victoria today and not interested in football, the weather was perfect for flying. Kaz and I decided to head up to Echuca and got in touch with BigPete to see if he'd be around with Little Pete. As luck would have it, both of them would be at the field today as Little Pete was visiting on school holidays and we thought it'd be a bit of a thrill for Little Pete to go for a fly in our CT4.

So we headed of on the long trip to Echuca...all 40 minutes of it...of course we had a headwind. Approaching and touching down at Echuca there was no traffic around...apparently someone was interested in football after all. We met up with the Pete's at the aero club, sat around and had a catchup over a cold drink then it was time to get the little fella into the air.

Strapped in and the obligatory photos taken, we take off and climb to about 4000' for some airwork. I demonstrate some wingovers and steep turns to Little Pete and ask him if there's anything else he'd like..."I'd like to have a go" he says, so handing over, Little Pete spent the next 15 minutes "hands on" climbing, descending and turning in the skies over Echuca.

Hope you had a great day Little Pete, was great flying with you :thumb_up:

Cheers,

Matt.

Hang on Matt - they are only pictures of little Pete - The never ending story has been trying to decide if Big Pete really exists but alas, we still don't have proof 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I envy you now Matt - to be able to go for a nice cruise like that, have some fun and then be home again the same day - what a way to spend a day.

Keep the trip reports coming Mate - and offcourse if you Kaz ever get tired of going then give me a ring Matt!

Ian, while Matt and Ltl Pete were off flying I was saying to Big Pete (or maybe I was talking to myself ;)) "Ian works too hard, he needs some flying time, I'll have to give him a call and see if he's got time to catch up for a fly with Matt"

Be in touch soon!

Hope you had a great day Little Pete, was great flying with you :thumb_up:Cheers, Matt.

Don't you just love stories of cute little kiddies and aeroplanes? And it is totally understandable that you would omit any photos of the cute little kiddie's non-AFL watching grandfather.

However given recent posts it is clear that Matt & Kaz might have perhaps been wiser to take the cute little Administrator for a fly to keep him on an even empenage.

Nice photos Matt

Yes - BigPete and LittlePete had a great day. :thumb_up: Out to the airport early as 4 trikes came in and landed. :) Back home for an early lunch and then the text from Matt and Kaz to say they're on their way. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif (I'd kept their arrival secret from LittlePete in case they couldn't make it.) i_dunno

Now Littlepete may be tender in years but he's not slow off the mark. ;) As Matt gave a 10 mile inbound call, (we were sitting in the Echuca Club rooms) LitlePete said "That's a CT4, Pop, must be Matt and Kaz" (fair dinkum). ;)

It was good to catch up again, I have only met Matt & Kaz once before, but with the forums you get to feel like you have known them for much longer. They are a wonderful couple. 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif LittlePete was really excited to go for a flight with Matt. He doesn't show much emotion (keeps it inside) but when we got home we heard about it again and again. 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif031_loopy.gif.791dd61f4721144544bc840fb53eec3f.gif031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

So - thanks a million M & K, :heart: we had a fantastic, memorable day. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

regards

:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

These are great posts.

Can just imagine the excitement telling his mates about it when he gets back to school.:big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

Lovely to see the little fellah having a ball. (Well done Matt & Kaz):thumb_up::thumb_up:

Look after the J160 Pete, i'm sure the day will come, when he'll want to borrow the keys.:)

Regards

Alan

Even up here in sunny Queensland, yesterday was a magnificent day. 3 of us went to aeroplane beach and my only regret was that having a single seater I couldn't share the experience with someone else.

My favourite part of Matt taking others up is the smile on peoples faces when they get back. Doesn't matter if it's their first flight or their 100th flight the smile doesn't change. :big_grin:

Guest pelorus32
Don't you just love stories of cute little kiddies and aeroplanes? [snip]

Matt and Kaz what a great thing to do!

Now Captain let me disabuse you about the "cute little kiddies": Girl Wonder - just turned 17 and a very good pilot - deigned to come flying with her ham-fisted and barely competent father. That BTW is her view not mine!

All was well as we did a little local flight. The steep turns caused some raised eyebrows but so far no comments. She clearly didn't like my technique but she held her peace.

Back for a few circuits and again she held her peace...until the last one. My landing was a tiny little bit agricultural - not a hard landing mind you, just firm. Girl Wonder broke her peace and did her best crow impersonation: F.....! Papa!! was all she said.

I have to tell you that it was NOT by any means a hard landing - just a little bounce. I told her to get back in her burrow as the landing after the bounce was perfect - and you're only as good as your LAST landing.

So you know what you can do with your cute little kiddies...?

My cute little kiddie is always uncomplimentary about my lack of skill - I wish she'd go and fly with someone else - or by herself. :ah_oh: What are your landings like Captain? Or yours Matt? I know someone who can give you feedback - hers' are always perfect!

Big Pete - does Little Pete have opinions about such matters and does he share them? Or do you have him properly trained? I fear that I have failed as a parent!

Regards

Mike

I fully understand Mike, after about 500 hours in the right hand seat, Kaz is pretty critical of my landings...sometimes with a full critique about what I did wrong...other times just a look...I prefer the verbal critique, for some reason "the look" is worse 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Let's just say LittlePete keeps me honest and on my toes. :ah_oh:

Rule 1 - it's my aeroplane and I like to fly it like that. :thumb_up:

Rule 2 - Pop is always right. :big_grin:

Rule 3 - if you think pop is wrong - see rules 1 & 2. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

It's working so far........;)

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

Guest disperse

G'day Little and Big pete .... I was lucky to meet you both at Ian's tent during Natfly .... I would be the one with the crutch (yes I know we all have one.... I just had a obvious extra one)

Regards

Troy

G'day Troy - yes mate, we remember you. :thumb_up: It was our first Naromine and a real adventure going home and dodging cloud and rain. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Can't wait to do it again. :big_grin:

regards

:big_grin::big_grin: