Dalby Wings & Wheels Spectacular 2010

Gidday all, For those interested an organising committee will be formed at a meeting 7.00pm 24th June at Beck Street Kindy in Dalby. We have conducted this event over the last two years and with the effort involved, it was decided to miss this year and do it again in 2010. As this event is for the community and benefits the Kindy (a non for profit community based kindergarten) as well as Rotary, Lions, Apex and Scouts..it is run by a small group of volunteers, so we are looking for people interested in helping out. if you are interested either be at the meeting or if you live too far away feel free to pm me with your suggestions or level of involvment. :big_grin:

• 4 weeks later...

date claimer

Just a followup to the previous posting. The meeting went ahead and was concluded in time for those interested to get home to watch the state of origin...For those interested, next years Dalby Wings and Wheels Spectacular will be held Saturday 21st August, 2010. 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

• 8 months later...
It's on my calendar. Since I'm flying from Tumut, I'll be looking for accommodation.Hoping to meet yourself and Tomo there. Jack. :):)

Gidday Jack,

What sort of accommodation do you require, there are camping facilities on-site if you want to rough it under the wing (hot showers will be available) or if you need a motel pm me with your details and requirements.

PS website will be up and running this week, will give the www address when its confirmed over the next few days

Thanks. As long as food and hot showers are available, and there are other people likely to be camping, then camping will be fine. Otherwise, I'll be looking for a lift into town and a hotel. I'll do some more planning closer to the event. Jack.

• 2 months later...

"Dalby", It's on my calendar with bells on!!

Can't wait, I will be the old, short, fat, bald guy with glasses and the wife that has no interest in being there.hahaha!

And MrH, I went to the cape last September and you could have driven a mini up there just a bit of corrugation!

Monty

• 1 month later...

Roulettes etc

Just letting everyone know that part of the star line up in the air display will be the RAAF Roulettes and Tony Blair in his Rebel 300 as well as handling demonstrations of everything from hanggliders to warbirds. Outside of the display times, joyflight and TIFs will be available. Details of these will be on our website shortly. Hot air balloon rides as well as joyrides and TIFs will be able to be prebooked on the website early next week. see you all there:clap:

Can't wait, I will be the old, short, fat, bald guy with glasses and the wife that has no interest in being there.hahaha!

Monty

Well geeze monty, that narrows it down to about 69% of the male attendees.....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Voting booths at dalby wings and wheels 21st august 2010

Yes folks, now that the redhead has officially called the election for the same day, we were contacted by the AEC and we will have polling booths at our event so everyone can attend without having to worry about voting first or rushing home before the days event has finished...we have thought of everything:big_grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Good news

Just got the approval finalised to conduct the airshow from CASA...program will be on the website shortly with a few more surprises....remember though that the event is predominately a "Fly-in..Cruise-in" with an airshow...plenty of activities on the ground and in the air...on site camping is available for those that want to camp under wing. hope to see you all there:keen:

• 2 weeks later...