RAA Magazine

Chucky

Guest Qwerty

I am currently in communication with Australia Post regarding delivery times. I have recieved my last 3 mags between 2 and 3 weeks after they were posted. Australia Post provides a (golfing term deleted) service.

Guest Redair

Ha! Missing pages in the August issue!! I should be so lucky.... I only received the July issue on the 27th, so I'm expecting the August issue to turn up around November!!! And then it'll probably only contain pages 9-16 and 49-56!!!!

Redair.

Guest drizzt1978
Ha! Missing pages in the August issue!! I should be so lucky.... I only received the July issue on the 27th, so I'm expecting the August issue to turn up around November!!! And then it'll probably only contain pages 9-16 and 49-56!!!!Redair.

Contact Chucky if thats the case, you two could cut a deal....

Guest Cloudsuck

By the time I get mine each month, It is almost the next month. It infuriates me that they are on the news agent shelf three weeks before I get mine.

Guest Cloudsuck
I thought it was a marketing method to have it in Newsagents a week or two before it came via post so one would buy a second copy:laugh:

I suspect you are right 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Guest basscheffers

I receive them pretty late also. In fact, July only came in this week. Other months it is not much sooner.

But on the same day, I also got the August issue, but that might have been because it also came with an invoice for my ad. So I guess that if you pay a couple of hundred bucks extra each month, you'll get it before anyone else! ;)

Got mine today and it is all there. Pretty obvious from the editorials that Lee and Mick keep an eye on what is posted here, so we do have some influence. All we have to do is ensure that what we say is sensible and well thought out.

Guest Redair
I'm expecting the August issue to turn up around November!!! And then it'll probably only contain pages 9-16 and 49-56!!!!Redair.

Well, it arrived today.... and has all 27 pages. Only kidding, all the pages were there so I will have to retract my earlier statement.

Redair.

Guest Crezzi
Read the editorials carefully including President Eugene Reid's.

I'd love too but I'm still waiting for mine thumb_down

Did anyone else get their Aug 09 mag and find that pages 9-16 and 49-56 are missing, and pages 17-24 and 41-48 are printed twice ?Or was I the only lucky one.

033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

Hate to dissapoint you Chucky but our ( wife & I ) copies turned up today and both match your description. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif :kboom:

Maybe it is a special edition for us Bundy locals?????

got mine today

gee ya think they are really tyring to sell that ELB thingy'

actually i can't see why there is so much negativity in mandatory use for x country. i'll order one for xmas bonus and carry it not only flying around the paddock but also for jumping, paragliding, trail biking, chess.

there a good thing! support the ruling. if no one was watching you could go in beyond trees at the end of the strip and and who would know..

as for the missing pages not missing much mostly adds

Guest drizzt1978
Do you have to get an ELB or will a personal locator beacon do the trick. Does anyone know?

Whats the difference???

Guest basscheffers
Whats the difference???

Technology wise, nothing. But it seems the term ELB/ELT is used to fixed aircraft installations, that can be armed before flight and activate on impact - if the impact is hard enough! PLB is used to indicate a hand-held unit.

That's the way I understand it anyway. The terms are used pretty ambigously, though.