Flightygirl lands 3 times in a row unaided!

Hi guys, just had to brag that today i landed the Savannah 3 times in a row unaided! i felt that this was never going to happen. and have been elated ever since! after a break i went back out and tried to do the same trick again and failed miserably.... but i hold on to the success i had today and will get back out there tomorrow and go again! for all those newbies out there like me struggling to get the landing.... just remember the way to succeed is to try not to land. happy flying!!!!

Rach

Hey Rach,

Congratulations! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Just keep at it and it will all fall into place......

Keep us posted.

Cheers

Neil

Well done Rach - the value of a big yellow tick.

Great to know you are enjoying flying her - for me withdrawal symptoms are really kicking in - the last few days have been perfect for flying

Cheers

Bill

Well done Rach - the value of a big yellow tick.Great to know you are enjoying flying her - for me withdrawal symptoms are really kicking in - the last few days have been perfect for flying

Cheers

Bill

She is so lovely to fly and I am just in love! I can sympathise re the weather and have been thinking you might be missing her!

We are flying to moruya tomorrow to show off our new baby. I hope the next few months go quickly for you and youre back in the skies again before you know it. Say hi to Jen for me! Rob says hi to you both. NB she's easy to land. Even for me.

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Rach,

Congrats!! The less you try the better it get's !

btw: your Savvy rolls an loops a treat!. even inverted is no problems! and to loose some excess height through her in a spin! no trouble at all ! - just kidding -

enjoy!!

fly safe

Walter

Hi guys, just had to brag that today i landed the Savannah 3 times in a row unaided! i felt that this was never going to happen. and have been elated ever since! after a break i went back out and tried to do the same trick again and failed miserably.... but i hold on to the success i had today and will get back out there tomorrow and go again! for all those newbies out there like me struggling to get the landing.... just remember the way to succeed is to try not to land. happy flying!!!!Rach

All you have to remember is "I did it"

just remember the way to succeed is to try not to land. happy flying!!!!

As funny as it sounds... it's the best way for a nice landing isn't it! (as long as your 6inches above the deck!)

You're not going to give up on the Jabiru though are you?? Once you can nail the Jab, a lot of others will be easier - thus makes life a lot easier in the long run!

I found the Savvy pretty good to land!

Most important advice though....... Have fun! :thumb_up:

Guest studentbiggles
I am definitely having fun!

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Well done Flightygirl, I thought of you last Friday when you were picking up your "New" baby girl,keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif congrats on your landing too:thumb_up:...I had my first attempt at landing a Light Wing Taildragger Sunday week ago 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif031_loopy.gif.791dd61f4721144544bc840fb53eec3f.gif031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif but it was great...Tomo"s right about the Jab's...You land them, you can land anything sort of ...025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif...And last but not least, great to have another female pilot in our ranks...Have you joined AWPA yet?..Fantastic group of women:thumb_up:

Fly Safe Cheers Studentbiggles (Alley) Alison Duncan.

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Well done Flightygirl, I thought of you last Friday when you were picking up your "New" baby girl,keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif congrats on your landing too:thumb_up:...I had my first attempt at landing a Light Wing Taildragger Sunday week ago 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif031_loopy.gif.791dd61f4721144544bc840fb53eec3f.gif031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif but it was great...Tomo"s right about the Jab's...You land them, you can land anything sort of ...025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif...And last but not least, great to have another female pilot in our ranks...Have you joined AWPA yet?..Fantastic group of women:thumb_up: Fly Safe Cheers Studentbiggles (Alley) Alison Duncan.

hey thanks Alison:big_grin:

i will check out the AWPA. its good to meet like minded girls.... my friends are all a bit bewildered by my love of flying!

Rach

today it clicked!!! i finally get it! i can fly!

i did three hours of circuits today at the oaks and wollongong and i get it! landing at the oaks really helped as its a grass strip which took away the fear factor i have of landing on a big huge concrete runway. after an hour or so at the oaks we flew back to wollongong and i just kept getting better and better and before i knew what was happening i had done 5 unassisted landings in a row and just kept on going. after starting the day feeling that i would never get it... i feel that i am now really on the down hill run to my first solo! i now understand what everyone means by "it will just click"! what a great day! cant wait to go again tomorow!

That is some positive comments and re inforcement i will keep in my brain for my turn.. how many hours are you upto Rach?

The gong airport was the one at Albion Park ? I was in a Cessna 208 for a skydive jump in March.

One day will head down that way. Keep up the stories.. for newies its great.

Dave

That is some positive comments and re inforcement i will keep in my brain for my turn.. how many hours are you upto Rach? The gong airport was the one at Albion Park ? I was in a Cessna 208 for a skydive jump in March.

One day will head down that way. Keep up the stories.. for newies its great.

Dave

I am up to 21 recent hours. had previously started to learn many years ago but just didnt have the cash to keep it going. i have done about 12 hours in the circuit now. have got all my radio calls and down wind checks now also. i really felt like i could have flown alone today... first time i have had that feeling. and looking to the end of the runway is slowly becoming a more natural thing to do. its so true what they say... practice, practice and keep having fun!

and yes... wollongong is albion park

Rach

Great to hear it's happening for you Rach - keep up the good workCheers

Bill

thanks Bill.

couldnt do it without that fabulous savannah! she's put up with a fair few firm landings and one bounce which Rob says is not too bad going. we are about to start circuit emergencies hopefully next weekend then it will be time for my solo! im putting about four hours per weekend so it may well happen next weekend! so very scared and excited about that at the same time! hope Jen is well. :big_grin:

Rach

Didn't look too bad to me at all.:thumb_up:

have done many many landings since those first three in a row. wasnt at my best on sunday at Jaspers Brush but was fun trying to land on that narrow strip. will be out there for more practice in the coming weeks. its weird... when i think im ready for solo the next circuits i do make me think im not.