Important Announcement

Admin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an example of just one of the many things that are coming...already completed and ready to add to the live site:

The new Aircraft Section:

1645794307_img2(Copy).jpg.a6c586570b8c1f2713998425ba411cb7.jpg

Now why is this good...Aircraft Manufactures can "Claim" the listings of their Aircraft and start interacting with the site users. The Aircraft itself is it's own thread where the Aircraft Manufacturer can make new announcements about their Aircraft and much more...PLUS...it indicates if any of the Manufacturer's Agents from around the world is actually on-line at the moment and via the One To One Instant Chat Feature you can have a conversation with them then and there.

What makes this important is that throughout a 24hr period you may find any one of the many world wide manufacturer's agents on-line at some time or another...Have a Foxbat and going to change the oil in the morning but have a simple little question that you want an answer to that will help you...it is 11pm Sat night, the Aussie agent has gone to bed but the UK Foxbat Agent may be online at the moment and you will see that...you just click the One To One Instant Chat, ask your question, get an answer and you are right to go the next morning.

This is just one, I mean just "one" of the many new features that are coming to the site but imagine if the appeal to a world wide audience isn't there...the above just won't happen to provide the benefits for all site users.

There's gotta be some way to provide everything that everyone wants...from Bubbleboy through to raising questions about the RAAus board.

(note, the above example used is just that, an example but there are many different opportunities that the new systems coming to the site will help users)

1458845035_img1(Copy).jpg.4af32aaf0b1da8d38d060611bae7c2dc.jpg

• Like 2

Just a few points:

Most recreational aircraft are worldwide products (e.g Jabiru, Zenith, Foxbat-cum-Aeroprakt); others are generally Australian specific (e.g Aeropup, Hornet). How will the line be drawn between the two sites?

I fully support paid (but relatively subtle) advertising to put bread on Ian and Corinne's table but the conflict of interest issue would have to be carefully managed without limiting freedom of expression by members of the Forum Family. One purely hypothetical example: Jabiru runs paid advertising on the site but someone suggests in a thread that Jabiru engines frequently suffer from in-flight failure: what would the site manager/owner do if the advertiser were to complain about what someone has opined in that thread ...possibly based on a personal experience?

Pretty much the same as what Ford and Holden do; work the Public Relations, and, given time, fix the problem or supersede the design. Very rarely to do good manufacturers complain.

In many cases the "complaints" relate to poor operating or maintenance practices, such as using oils or fuels recommended by people who say something like "I've used it of years and never had a problem" just leaving off the fact that the engine only has 270 hours up.

FYI Ian: Love the idea of the seperate sites.. Even commented on it on my blog. If your in need of anyone to help out with aircraft geeks, I'd be happy to put some time in.

Thanks Shags, will be in touch

Ian, I have no cross to bear which seems to be a problem. I visit this site as well as others and my comment is thank you and your assistants heaps and strength to your arm. You have heady ideals and these do not always agree with everyone but keep up the good fight of promoting flying.

Thanks for all your very valuable comments...

The Recreational Flying (.com.au) forum and events only site, that is just dedicated to all RAAus members, should be going live later today (Sunday 8th Jan). It will be under the management of Ahlocks and David Isaacs as mentioned at the end of last month...watch for the announcement

The Enthusiasts site, Aviation Enthusiasts (.net) should be going live some time this week and it will be packed with some great features

Each site, including Aircraft Pilots (.com), will have their own independent user registration system so that means to post in either of the sites you will need to register and login to that site however at this stage and unless I can come up with a better idea, switching between any of the sites will be easy by simply clicking them from a box that will be located towards the top of the right column on each of the site's main pages.

Depending on how well they are received, down the track I may create a single login system for them but let's see how they go for 2012 first.

• Like 2

Well I clicked on my normal Bookmark and found myself out in a gulag or old posts on RAA matters, sort of a defacto RAA site, so Ian maybe you explain the concept again.

Where do the people who are not in RAA, but just recreational flyers discuss their day to day flying interests?

Well I clicked on my normal Bookmark and found myself out in a gulag or old posts on RAA matters, sort of a defacto RAA site, so Ian maybe you explain the concept again.Where do the people who are not in RAA, but just recreational flyers discuss their day to day flying interests?

Here at Aircraft Pilots Turbo...as mentioned, this is the main site but those that just want to discuss something specific to RAAus like RAAus Politics or the RAAus Board etc, now have the option of having their own forums to discuss these matters and those that just want to fly or talk aircraft or aviation (recreational, GA, Kit Building etc etc etc) use Aircraft Pilots...interested in both, simple, just click between the two just like clicking between one forum to another here.

So...as a for instance the recent Lake Hume crash thread would be appropriate for which site ?(That may be a tricky one)

Either or both...the difference would be in the moderation...preference would be on here at Aircraft Pilots where it would be treated purely as educational so any posts that stray from that would be moderated. Any implications of RAAus in regards to the accident, for example the Ferris Wheel accident, would then be discussed on Recreational Flying...the implications and NOT the actual accident...I hope that we all are smart enough to realise the difference in using an accident as a learning tool here on Aircraft Pilots and any RAAus specific implications are discussed on Recreational Flying

I am just providing the facility but it is up to you all to either make it work or not...if it does then it is what you wanted, if it doesn't then it is obviously not what you wanted and Aircraft Pilots is.

• Like 1

I've spent about 20 minutes trying to find the link to go from one site to the other that appeared I think in the registration form. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Front page of the forums here turbz, right side of the screen.

Pud

• 2 months later...

Just to resurrect this thread and advise all users...the Recreational Flying (.com.au) site will be back very soon as the single login as mentioned in this thread:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/recreational-flying.35214/

is now at beta 6 release as all the bugs are getting ironed out. There are 7 different website owners who have gone in together to pay for the application, and are all testing it across different combinations of sites, so if you are registered and logged in at any one of the sites, you are registered and logged in to all of them at the same time. Having separate registrations and logins at each of the sites was the biggest problem with this concept...so very soon now this will be so simple for everyone, allowing the site(s) to cater to all your needs by allowing you to simply choose what you want to use and what you are interested in. having all this available to you will provide and enormous "collective" growth of the sites to help you in your chosen areas of aviation and auxiliary subject matters.

If you know of any other web sites that you think may like to become a part of this huge "webring" of sites, then please let me know and i can approach them to be a part of it all OR if there is another subject that you feel you would like to have as another section (site) with your single login from here, also please let me know...Radio Controlled Aircraft, Airports, Commercial Aviation, Flight Tracking, Flight Booking even, dedicated Flight Sim site, Aviation Photography, etc etc etc