Show us your models.......

Mick

Would love to see a scale built hummelbird.

35-50% scale would be lovely.

All alloy build and a nice little flat twin fourstroke out front.

It would have a highish wing loading for a model but what a great looker it would be.

True scale- yes please.

• Like 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I would have down loaded a picture of some of my RC, but I keep for getting to take a snap shot before going to the flying field. I did get a photo of the last one I brought home! 185318018_garbagebag.jpg.427645df9c7e7f4dabdf0647e4b9fc4d.jpg 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yes and every time I got to go get the pieces picked up I get a grin because I can talk the wife into letting build another.:clap:She stopped letting me after there was 4 hanging in the basement:duck for cover:

• Like 1

Yeah, the irony.

You can buy a finished almost ready to fly model, cheaper than you can buy the balsa to make it!

Although HobbyKing isn't always as cheap as you think, I just wanted 2 roll of solarfilm, and they had a good price ~$12 a roll, but with postage it was going to cost over $44 in total!!

Almost cheaper to order another model, and get the solarfilm squeezed into the model box?!

I thought only Hong Kong ripped you off with postage?

It's the way the hobby is going. I have recently had a 20cc Corsair that I built for someone come back to me for repairs including a damaged E-Flite electric retract. Contacted Horizon Hobbies to get parts only to be told they don't sell parts. Have to buy a whole new set of retracts just because one part of one unit is bent!

Any way you can ring these guys to discuss postage/pickup?

Trying to track these guys down is all but impossible, I know they're in Moruya somewhere, but that's it.

I know Anthony Hand (Owner) the place at Moruya is just a shed, you can pickup your order from there though just select self pickup when you order online and they will send you the details.

There at 38 Shelley Road.

• 8 months later...

I have been flying this Edge 540 since about August last year, just realised I had not posted it here.

It's a Peak Models ARF, just under 2.4m span, DA 50cc motor, 7.9kg. The ARF was not the best but reflected the price. Plenty of work to bring it up to scratch but the end result I am happy with.

It didn't come with any of the graphics, just the basic scheme, all the vinyl was cut by a mate & applied by me.

The colours are scale, as flown in the Perth Red Bull Air Race in 2009 by Matthius Dolderer.

image.jpeg.514befc1e0a873c174266dc813f86c7f.jpeg

image.jpeg.3cef7b0a0c9cb7e93792260abcd01c5b.jpeg

• Like 5

I've just reviewed this thread and find that my photos have been deleted and post numbers changed. My original post was #35. Here's what I posted.

S8000429.JPG.fdc8e72c15f7c5d8e85989088aa70488.JPG Bex should now be happy (post #88)

2029039120_QueenSt(7)withMel640x480.JPG.f3446d96d9fee802bbeb506851b7924c.JPG

g'day guys, being a silly old fart I didn't know this section for RC was here in the forums - G'day!

just had a short article published in the latest Sport Pilot magazine, hope ya's like it

the 'Drifter' airfield I built at our property may never be used for that purpose, but it certainly is the bees knees for RC

still needs a little TLC to get the best of the grass set up nice and low, but it's real nice to walk out the back of the house and see that

you can go to Google earth and look at 620 Woolooman Road Woolooman Qld 4310 to see the field via satellite - one minute walk from the mancave housing the aircraft...

because I am a slacko I don't have anything airworthy at the moment but I do have 10 very nice models in boxes just waiting for assembly - yeah, I know......

I'll take some pix of models close to getting back to flying - a Drifter included (of course)

cheers

BP

• Like 1

This is a ground effect craft roughly based on a Dornier 18. It is powered by a 30cc chain saw motor

through a belt drive to the prop shaft . I have had it on taxi runs only as trying to find a puddle big enough

to get airborne .

I built this 10 ft. wing Champ to give my wifes cat a ride.[ATTACH=full]45499[/ATTACH] When it came time to give it a test we could not find the darn kitty:yikes:

Here she is:

more on the RC field (Drifter field ?) at Woolooman - I guess there aren't too many opportunities to fly all weekend at the same field, so I'm going to arrange a full weekend here with onsite camping sometime soon

I need to make sure the field is nicely presented with lots of short grass and take care of the tiny little insurance problem, but it should be a good weekend

I'll hire a dunny and make sure there's plenty of nice spots for camping (or crashing in vans), with 34 acres and only a few Brahman steers to annoy, the big firepit should run quite late into the evening...

any and all RCers welcome, situated about an hours drive from BrisVegas in the Scenic Rim - pub and shops only a short drive away

watch this space - maybe about October ? if it all works well I'll do it as an annual event

• Like 2

considering the total (apart from 1 x Like from RKW - thanks m8) lack of interest in my offer of the use of my property for a RC weekend, the event is cancelled permanently

apart from that I find it a little unusual for a poster to join a forum/thread and says g'day, then doesn't even get one reply?

feels like wandering into a noisy pub in a small country town and every set of eyes turn around to look you up and down, and it gets real quiet......

I'm just sayin'....

BP