Very important!....Have you recieved your monthly magazine yet?

Guest Andys@coffs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am getting a lot of phone calls asking who is going to attend the meeting so they can give their proxy to them and how do they then fill out the form

So can someone please post an answer to this to help the many others on exactly the steps and what to put in there form and where...thanks

Guest Andys@coffs

Ok

So everything in one post:-

For those that cant attend thr 22nd September AGM on the gold coast.

1) Read the proxy form in entirety

2)Read the magazine articles from Don Ramsay and Steve R's reply on the following page (the president)

3) Read this forum

4) decide in advance how you are going to vote for each of the 4 special resolutions

5) Determine who you want as your primary Proxy (lets say me for the purposes of this email, but up to you to choose, BUT who ever you choose must physically be at the meeting.....which is irronic as unless you tell me you are using me as your proxy, how will I ever know?)

6) Being safety minded people and always therefore assuming the worst, select a board (or more technically correct a committee) member who is going to be there as the backup. Safest choice is probably one of the SEQLD reps, or a member of the executive. BTW as the proxy process is today it doesnt matter who you choose becasue the proxy has no ability to vary your vote, nor can they choose to present or not your vote, which is why the complete form is sent to RAA and not the proxy..... Bottom line dont rely on a single individual when you can and should identify a backup, I could have an accident on the way up.....

7) You will need to get Address details from your proxy so that you can fully fill in the proxy form. If me, email me at asaywell(usual)esc(dot)net(dot)au, or PM me on this site (by clicking on this link http://www.recreationalflying.com/conversations/add?to=Andys@coffs )and I'll provide that info to you. I cant put it in this email as the web search engines do traverse these pages and as such Its available then for all and sundry....(and I sure dont need any more phone callers form the "Microsoft Computer department" in India!!!!)

8) The last page o the proxy form contains all the instructions and the timelines that you must meet.

And thats all.

Andrew Saywell

Guest Andys@coffs
Why do we need a proxyWhy cant it be like a simple postal vote for a state or fed election

Thats because the A.C.T (as in Canberra) legislation that governs incorporated associations is quite prescriptive in how we must conduct ourselves within Annual and normal General Meetings. Other states are also similarly prescriptive.

Another way of answering it is "Because the law says we have to" and its not just because "someone" is trying to make it more difficult.

But, Pain in the a$$ value aside, please take the time to jump through the hoops, I believe its important and hopefully Ive convince you the same.....If not I'd love to hear why so I can try again 085_blah_blah.gif.5dd1f55e9e017c1ed039995789e61c55.gif

Andy

Andy, there is also a note in small print at the end of the third page of the proxy form which states:-

Note: Proxy holders should bring their signed copy of this instrument to the meeting.

So it would appear that we have to send you a photo copy and also your replacement proxy in case you don't make it for some reason

and in case Raaus somehow don't recveive our proxy form.

Is this how you read it?

Alan.

Guest Andys@coffs
Andy, there is also a note in small print at the end of the third page of the proxy form which states:-Note: Proxy holders should bring their signed copy of this instrument to the meeting.

So it would appear that we have to send you a photo copy and also your replacement proxy in case you don't make it for some reason

and in case Raaus somehow don't recveive our proxy form.

Is this how you read it?

Alan.

Alan

No, that note is actually within the body of SR4, not within the encompassing admin instructions of the proxy form itself (last page). If SR4 Gets up then it will form part of the proxy form in the future.

Its my understanding that people who want me as a proxy follow the instructions and send the completed sheet to RAA in Canberra. The completed forms are then transported to the AGM by RAA . As a proxy, I go and get those with my name on them as primary proxy before the meeting, (or perhaps at the start of it) and then vote the proxys (for and against,which RAA is already well aware of) and my own vote when the votes are called. There is no need within the process as it stands today for a copy of the proxy to come to me.

Of course as the current process is there may be concern about rigging, if I dont get a copy of the peoples vote who want me to proxy for them how will I know that they have all been actioned and brought to the meeting........but then I remember this isnt federal politics and hopefully "funny buggers" is all too much trouble for such minimal gain.......

Andy

Thanks Andy but just to make sure that things don't get lost in the post, I will send you a copy.

Alan.

PS. I am sure that it would be nice to know before the meeting what sort of response you are getting from members.

Guest Andys@coffs

Yeah, I would like to know wether people think the resolutions are as sensible as I think they are, however as Gnarly Gnu suggested what is clear and obvious in my head may well be less than that when commited to paper. Hopefully Ive added to clarity rather than detracted from it with my explainations here.

I see our constituion as not having evolved from when we were a much smaller group of people, that means that while it was effective for th needs of the time it no longer is and needed a tune up. These 4 resolutions give us the means of engaging the membership more than is already the case and the ability to make the evolutionary changes needed in the future. The impediments to change that are currently in place are the reason the constituion is IMHO no longer fully fit for purpose today.

Now some people will take my response above as black or white and say theres nothing wrong with the constitution, and if you want it in black and white terms then that stance would be correct, however real world is shades of grey, and our constitution looks like a bit of bleach or "whiter than white" washing powder should be applied to bring it up to speed.

So.....all that said, why dont you start Alan, what do you think?

Andy

however as Gnarly Gnu suggested what is clear and obvious in my head may well be less than that when commited to paper. Hopefully Ive added to clarity rather than detracted from it with my explainations here.

Yes the explanation was good. I hadn't read the long thread here, it seemed tedious and a lot of posts by a couple of agitators which made me somewhat suspicious. Also I wonder why that Don man wants these changes when he bailed on us?

I see our constituion as not having evolved from when we were a much smaller group of people, that means that while it was effective for th needs of the time it no longer is and needed a tune up.

I agree, we need some amendments like freedom of speech and individuals right to bear arms. 021_nod.gif.30c66a33e1ed960b5b5d3fc7b345b58d.gif

Guest Andys@coffs
I agree, we need some amendments like freedom of speech and individuals right to bear arms. 021_nod.gif.30c66a33e1ed960b5b5d3fc7b345b58d.gif

See that to me is just an american approach to things.......they have lots of bears over there and we only have Koala's....what teh hell are you gunna do with a bunch of koala limbs??

Andy

Also I wonder why that Don man wants these changes when he bailed on us?

Has Don Ramsay publicly declared the reasons for his resignation from the board? Initially there were all sorts of reasons being thrown around, some relating to the CASA audit, or the boards public liability insurance company pulling the plug. Don no longer is part of this forum and personally I think that is a pity as he normally had a lot of sensible things to say.

Don no longer is part of this forum and personally I think that is a pity as he normally had a lot of sensible things to say.

There is nothing stopping him from posting here...

Guest Andys@coffs
There is nothing stopping him from posting here...

Alternately (and much more likely) Don's mobile number is printed in the front of many of the older magazines among all the other board members contact details. I can confirm that it still works...at least it did last Friday.

So give him a ring, he is much more likly to talk to you over the phone giving the real reasons for his decision than post something in a public place which may result in those who seem to have "Slatter and Gordon" as their number one contact to start spending members money as though it were their own...

Andy

Pay an extra $100 and you get full RaAus membership..Make the short drive down to jaspers and after some good training and a few (not so good ) coffee's, I may even send you solo... Your ATPL will be put to good use in the bantam...hehehe...ccaawwnnn...You know you wanna....

Extra $120?

Gee reading the above this proxy thing seems to be a bit of a problem no wonder most members just throw the paper in the bin.

What gets me is none of own state reps have come on board with any advise or saying they will act as a proxy.

Why wasnt a list of names included with the voting paper who were willing to act as proxys

Does the RAAus really want members to vote on these matters !!!!!!!!!!

Wouldnt it be great to hear from our state reps occasionally and not only when they want us to vote them to the board

I do ask myself at times weather they really want to represent us or only satify their own self esteem.!!!

• Like 1

Gee reading the above this proxy thing seems to be a bit of a problem no wonder most members just throw the paper in the bin.What gets me is none of own state reps have come on board with any advise or saying they will act as a proxy.

Why wasnt a list of names included with the voting paper who were willing to act as proxys

Does the RAAus really want members to vote on these matters !!!!!!!!!!

Wouldnt it be great to hear from our state reps occasionally and not only when they want us to vote them to the board

I do ask myself at times weather they really want to represent us or only satify their own self esteem.!!!

I'm wondering whether our Board Members have been advised not to contribute to this forum.

Could this be the case Ed Herring.

Alan Marriette.

Guest Andys@coffs
Anyone heard from David Issac lately? Anyone know if he is going?

Ozzie

I believe he will be O/S at the time. Don and I both intend to be there.

Andy