Want a new Skyfox

Coastal Aviation

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob is busy with some engineering details with respect to the wing structures, we want to get it right this time. I've been waiting for years to build this 'plane again, and one thing I learnt after having seen the rise and fall of this aircraft before, is that if one fails to plan, with attention to all the details, then one plans to fail. In short, when every issue has been addressed in full it will be time to start building number 1, hopefully pretty darn soon! thanks and cheers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

hopefully pretty darn soon! thanks and cheers.

Thanks Paul for the update, we all look forward to seeing the next one, I only have one suggestion, keep it priced so that ordinary people can afford to buy one, you don't need it to exceed the speed of sound or have every electronic gizmo you can think of to make it a great little aircraft IMO, from a very personal point of view please can it be designed to have floats fitted...

017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

David

Hi David,

Fortunately we have hindsight considering both Rob and myself were witness to the silly mistakes made by the previous owners of the Skyfox business. I certainly appreciate your suggestion and any other persons reasonable suggestions. We both know, that is Rob and myself, that overpricing the 'craft will destroy sales so we have to be very careful in considering all costs etc. It is a competitive market and I for one fully appreciate that, so it is paramount to us that we produce an excellent machine without wasting pretty much anything at all be it resources or capital. As for floats, it would be fantastic I agree however regulations have to be adhered to and at first the addition of floats may be a bit difficult to manage, Rob would be better off filling you in on that aspect. I absolutely loved flying the 'fox 'dragger, it was just such a nimble 'craft., this time 'round both the n'wheel and the 'dragger will be even better. Patience grasshopper, patience. cheers Paul:smile:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Isn't the Eurofox the Gazelle replica

Do you mean (in order)

Avid,

Kitfox,

Vixen,

Skyfox,

Gazelle,

Eurofox,

Bushbaby,

Safari,

Explorer,

and probably half a dozen more......

• Like 1

Do you mean (in order)Avid,

Kitfox,

Vixen,

Skyfox,

Gazelle,

Eurofox,

Bushbaby,

Safari,

Explorer,

and probably half a dozen more......

Bit of a testament to the basic design,,, and you can add the highlander to that list

• Like 1

Hi David,Fortunately we have hindsight considering both Rob and myself were witness to the silly mistakes made by the previous owners of the Skyfox business. I certainly appreciate your suggestion and any other persons reasonable suggestions. We both know, that is Rob and myself, that overpricing the 'craft will destroy sales so we have to be very careful in considering all costs etc. It is a competitive market and I for one fully appreciate that, so it is paramount to us that we produce an excellent machine without wasting pretty much anything at all be it resources or capital. As for floats, it would be fantastic I agree however regulations have to be adhered to and at first the addition of floats may be a bit difficult to manage, Rob would be better off filling you in on that aspect. I absolutely loved flying the 'fox 'dragger, it was just such a nimble 'craft., this time 'round both the n'wheel and the 'dragger will be even better. Patience grasshopper, patience. cheers Paul:smile:

Hi David, this is sky High, Im looking for a pilot to fly my taildragger Highlander around the sunshine coast for a week or so if you know anyone I'd really appreciate if you could let me know.

Cheers

Sky High

• Like 1

Hi Sky High,

I would love to but I am still in training and I have never flown a taildragger sorry I can't help you, can I ask why you need someone to fly your aircraft around the Sunshine Coast? There are heaps of guys that fly out of Caboolture airstrip that would probably do it for you, just start a new thread and ask if anyone is keen to do it for you.

David

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul, ,Did you see my last post re 55-959, yes it is the same one. I purchased it from Paul in Eastern Vic who originally learnt to fly in it at SkyFox aviation.

In my log a number of mods were made during manufacturer, would you know how I would be able to find out what they are?

Only reference number noted.

cheers James

Hi James

Would be very difficult to find out what mods were made, I don't have the build order sheet, I've got the Gazelle orders only, plus a few 'draggers that went to Thailan. I must admit I don't recall many "modifications" being made, more options than anything else. Yours would be a CA 22 A I think; all that means is it has a 912 A engine and a different prop,.

• Informative 1

• 1 year later...
do you know why foxworker?...was it lack of cash?

Kyle, you'd have to ask Rob Stowe that, I'm not too sure why he hasn't gone ahead with it. Cash is probably partly to do with it, but the legalities could also be a problem since the actual owners, or the people who bought the company way back in '98 are in Abu Dhabi. Ultimately though, I believe it would require substantial cash to get it going again and even so, would there be enough demand given the plethora of similar 'craft available now anyhow. It would have to be well under the 100 k mark to be competitive, be able to achieve 100 knots cruise, and possibly need a new wing section and profile.

• Like 1