VH-RAR

gwaf

Got her outside today for the first time... She looks DSC01401.JPG.525cb5c819df4dd7676fa2b65c113adc.JPG so close yet so far The last 10% takes 80% of the total time....next the prop ...and...and ... Maybe done by Easter ??? Yeh..Yeh I mean this year's Easter!!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

Looks really good. The fairings will take a bit on top of aileron and flaps. What prop and engine does it have.

Is the rego legal?

My RV4 is sitting at the airstrip, unflown for 2 months due to my breaking a leg. Only 8 hours on it so far, 32 to end of flight testing. The first flight was really good, it behaved just a it should and was easy to land. Will you do the first flight yourself?

Looks really good. The fairings will take a bit on top of aileron and flaps. What prop and engine does it have.Is the rego legal?

My RV4 is sitting at the airstrip, unflown for 2 months due to my breaking a leg. Only 8 hours on it so far, 32 to end of flight testing. The first flight was really good, it behaved just a it should and was easy to land. Will you do the first flight yourself?

Sorry to hear you broke half (or is that 1/3rd) of your undercarriage. Take care mate and get well soon.

I'm sure that after the build time you are chomping at the bit to get her in the air again.

Kind Regards

Planey

I does look nice!! But it might be a bit far to take yours to get painted Rob :D

Oh, YBUN's only a couple of hours down the freeway from Perth. I could just about taxy it that far in the early hours before the traffic gets busy.

rgmwa

Looks really good. The fairings will take a bit on top of aileron and flaps. What prop and engine does it have.Is the rego legal?

Hi the rego has been reserved by me and I will get the official paperwork (and money) done soon, I have a 3 blade Catto prop for her and are about to fit it. The engine is a superior Io 360 180 HP Yesterday we started the fairings have been putting that off but can't do any longer...I hate fibreglass .. flaps and ailerons all done but still a heap of "small jobs" to do. I don't want to say it but it might not be ready by Easter after making up a list yesterday of what still needs to be done. I won't do the test flying myself and are really lucky to have a very experienced RV pilot as a friend and SAAA tech advisor. Wondering why you have to do 40 hours of test flying... normally with an approved kit it should only be 25 hours???

Cheers Guido

Very nice. Just wondering where you got it painted.rgmwa

Hi thanks for your interest, the painting was done by myself and a mate in a hanger here at YBUN the result is certainly not perfect but I wanted the "rugged military " look and like to see all rivets etc hence the markings of the 314 squadron of the Dutch Royal air force where I served for 8 years..... many moons ago.