MVP sea plane

It seems that all there is right now is a lot of design work in a computer? Very futuristic and rather expensive with a cruise of somewhere under 100 knots.

Anyone pick up what the engine is?

I'd call it a flying boat, FT, rather than a seaplane.

I always regarded seaplanes as being on floats and flying boats as having a floating hull, but...

Kaz

• Agree 2

Nice . It gets me excited to see what's available in the way of materials and light weight systems that can be utilised to make ; any thing you can dream up !Mike .

Mike, do you have ideas of your Avocet as a ampibian ?

Mike, do you have ideas of your Avocet as a ampibian ?

I've been playing with a plasticine model for a while .

I posted some photos of 3 amphib concepts a while ago .

The incident page in the raa mag has kindly used one of them in the heading , top right corner

image.jpg.0b6196cf24478992bd7b38e355ae22ae.jpg

• Like 1

It looks impressive I'd say maybe the best casting deck on a amphib that I have seen. 180k seems reasonable for what it can do, have you priced any of the other fancy amphibs lately? (Doesn't mean I will get one but doesn't hurt to dream.)

• Like 1

I am in the middle of doing my floating hull endorsement this week - such fun - may have to start looking at whats available.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
but could you use the Icon A5 as a floating camper/small boat with accomdation?

I'll be waiting until they've actually built one and flown it. With all those "features" it will undoubtedly be heavy and slow.

Interesting concept, but I suspect that it will not perform well as either a boat or an airplane, by the time you load it with guns and fishing gear and hammock and food and mooring lines and anchor and docking thrusters and house batteries and solar panels and ... well, you get the picture. And with all that movable/removable stuff it better have a wide CG range for safety.

Anyone can design something like this with a computer, and that's all they have achieved so far. Would you invest $100,000 in their pipe dream? If not you'll be waiting until 2017, and that's just for a kit of parts.

Well yeah, you can fix anything by throwing enough power at it, but that isn't exactly efficient.

Still, I'm sure it will match some minor part of the US public's idea of a "sports plane".