First solo on 15th birthday aka my avatar is growing up.

Yes, that brief smile as the landing is perfect then back on the job - priceless.

It's been said a million times but still one of the universal truths, you never forget that first solo.

I wonder if it is also true that you never do a better circuit than your first solo?

I seriously doubt I've ever done one as good.

Guest Andys@coffs

Wow Heck Field sure looks pretty wet at present......A vast difference from just a week or so when I went over the top coming back from Rocky way.....Best it be remembered that we are like cats and generally dislike water but not as much as our props dislike it!

Anyway well done on achieving the first of the Solos from Dad...more to come in the next few years...why there's solo living and one that Dad will especially like, solo earning! Or was it the case that the APA epaulettes tell a story of future work/life balance.......Just need a few gold braids and before you know it Eugene will have real competition!

Andy

I wonder if it is also true that you never do a better circuit than your first solo? I seriously doubt I've ever done one as good.

Absolute truth, I have done a lot of rougher landings than the first solo one.