not a fellow flyer but...

one2many

Gday, I'm not a fellow rec aircraft flyer but felt it only polite to introduce myself as I have just now posted in this forums classifieds section hoping that someone will rescue multiple suby ea81's and a couple ej22's from the scrappers during my big shed clean out. Although I don't fly I feel I probably have something in common with most of you... an exotic hobby/passion that burns any spare funds I have. My hobby (offroading) is somewhat tamer than what you guys get UP to but provides more than enough adventure for me, my expensive passions are the 6x6 Pinzgauer and Volvo C304/tgb all terrain military vehicles. Thanks for the use of your classifieds I only hope my ad finds someone who can use them.

Cheers Warren.

• Like 3

Gday, I'm not a fellow rec aircraft flyer but felt it only polite to introduce myself as I have just now posted in this forums classifieds section hoping that someone will rescue multiple suby ea81's and a couple ej22's from the scrappers during my big shed clean out. Although I don't fly I feel I probably have something in common with most of you... an exotic hobby/passion that burns any spare funds I have. My hobby (offroading) is somewhat tamer than what you guys get UP to but provides more than enough adventure for me, my expensive passions are the 6x6 Pinzgauer and Volvo C304/tgb all terrain military vehicles. Thanks for the use of your classifieds I only hope my ad finds someone who can use them.Cheers Warren.

Welcome to the Forum

Wow one2many, that is serious 'heavy metal' you drive around in. I am sure looks like an expensive hobby.volvo-c-304-07.jpg.061a8f237937e4f79ec9271065d5fe51.jpg

Perhaps you will see yourself clear to take up flying one day?

Pinzgauer_6x6.jpg.7eaa18f11f3ba14aae61728c6f5578d1.jpg

Yes perhaps I will see my way clear to take up flying... one day, I have given it some consideration as it fits well with my engineering/machinery building passions, and no doubt i would fall in love with it. There just is never enough time or money, also it seems (from what i have read) your regulator CASA is trying to regulate rec flying out of existence in OZ. This might be a difficult time to start flying as a beginner... perhaps in retirement:cheezy grin:

... interestingly i have found maintenance for these vehicles far simpler than mainstream offroaders, nothing on them breaks, the build quality has to be seen to be believed and spares are cheaper than nissan/toyota and even my suby utes because of NOS ex military stock suppliers, also almost everything is still in production for them from the genuine parts sellers. As far as being "heavy metal" goes at 2.5 ton they are only a little heavier than many other off road vehicles, and feels lighter driving them...some pics of my 3 PICT0206.JPG.b5f0c4b2359e4b415ef256c1e80dee65.JPG

PICT0206.JPG.e7bbcd91b6e097929b730e49a0cb5abf.JPG

IMG_20140321_180253.jpg.04ae8476d2a2e257fa30c8b8d929e7b2.jpg

photo-19.JPG.0c502415592cf56418895597f115cd25.JPG

• Like 2

I would have said there will never be an easier time to learn to fly. That was my motivation for starting two years ago, about five years ahead of my prior plans. Just take a Trial Introductory Flight when you get the chance, and it will amaze you what you can do.

• Agree 1

Rankamateur I may just do that, where would you suggest is a good place to take a trial introductory flight in Victoria. I do see your point, if I was ever going to begin flying it would be stupid of me to wait for even tougher regulations, I was just having a little whinge because I don't like when regulations spoil peoples hobbies/fun or make things prohibitively expensive, thanks for the suggestion.

Cosmick thanks for the tip I will do that, I had assumed gyro enthusiasts would be equally catered for on this forum.

Cheers guys

Regards Warren

Cosmick thanks for the tip I will do that, I had assumed gyro enthusiasts would be equally catered for on this forum.

Cheers guys

Regards Warren

Gyro's are controlled by a different body

and their forum -

http://www.asra.org.au/smf/index.php

PS: Whats your location, someone might offer you a fly, then you will be bit

Hi cosmick,

My location is in the Yarra Valley, approx an hour east of Melbourne cbd. I can't find any way to update my profile but I will keep trying, I'm not opposed to getting bitten.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I googled rotor craft after reading your post earlier, I also ended up on the asra forum but it refused my .registration on the basis that my email address was no good, it said something about my domain (@live) could not be accepted. Seems strange to me:throw pc:

You need to do a Trial Introductory Flight with an instructor so they can let you really fly the plane. They will take you up and let you really get the feel of it, you will be doing the flying, anyone else can really only give you a joyflight for a bit of sightseeing. Look up flight training facilities here, https://www.raa.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Flight-Training-Facilities13.pdf, open the link and scroll down to Victoria, and have a look for somewhere near to you. If you go ahead in the future, you don't want to be driving two hours for a lesson.

• Informative 1

Hi One2many,

Check out Lilydale Airport, 13 Macintyre Lane, Yering, or Coldstream Airfield, 96 Killara Road, Coldstream. Both have training facilities with LSA aircraft, as well as GA aircraft.

Hello rankamateur and red750, thanks for the advice, both Coldstream and Yering are pretty close to me so either would suit me. I think I will check it out, at very least it sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon/morning.

Cheers Warren