Earned PPL today

Hi all,

Finally did the Big One (for me)... i am absolutely buggered, so will put it into words when I've had time to gather my thoughts. For those wondering about the conversion from RAAus + NAV + PAX, it took about 17 hours worth of navs and circuits in the Piper, but I would suggest experiences would vary considerably - i feel like i am barely aware that I don't know what I don't know!

I'll update my blog when i have time, i am a couple of sessions behind on that as well. Thanks to the gang at Schoies!

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 7

Any time - glad the snags helped. Well done and congratulations!!!

Col, you've been a huge encouragement to me and I've gotten a lot out of hearing about your experiences. Thanks for the tip on leaning the engine... that ones been hard for me to remember, not having had to deal with it on the Jab. and yes your snags are top notch!

Hi all,Finally did the Big One (for me)... i am absolutely buggered, so will put it into words when I've had time to gather my thoughts. For those wondering about the conversion from RAAus + NAV + PAX, it took about 17 hours worth of navs and circuits in the Piper, but I would suggest experiences would vary considerably - i feel like i am barely aware that I don't know what I don't know!

I'll update my blog when i have time, i am a couple of sessions behind on that as well. Thanks to the gang at Schoies!

Congrats, Ayavner! Well done on your achievement.

Cheers,

Neil

• Like 1

haha thanks guys! UL - absolutely, I want to do at least a course on recovery from unusual attitudes. I don't want the first time I fly upside down to be a surprise ;-). Just need to recover from the unusual expense - to get this done quickly, I got a 0% visa from NAB and just chucked it all on there (rather than do one lesson a month as finances allow). now to pay it off!!

Kaz - thanks mate, I'll update the blog soon. Col's leaning technique... well... it ain't the snags haha! Nahh, not the technique per se, but he did remind me a couple times to be sure and remember to do that - its easy to forget when you've been in a jab for almost 3 years (and that and the tecnam are all I've flown), but I did remember it in the test and a tick is a tick!

• 1 month later...