Backseat passenger

rgmwa

Yes, certainly not something I would subject an animal to either and definitely potentially dangerous as is obvious in the clip, but it still made me laugh. Humans are contrary animals, aren't they? People do take dogs on planes, but I wonder how many take steps to protect the dog's hearing?

rgmwa

Most I know buy Mutt Muffs from America for flying or shooting in company with their dog. Have another real good look at the dog, did it look really concerned, if it is anything like my dog it would have been more stressed to get left behind and miss out on the fun!

Have another look at 0.20 when he hits his head on the pilots shoulder then the back of the seat and he lands bum first. He didn't look to happy to me. People should need a licence to have pets or kids.

Cheers Geoff13

• Agree 1

This video was on a year or three ago , back then I thought the pilot was a knob jockey back then and yep, I feel the same way now.Actually calling him a knob jockey is being kind, I think

I think you are being a bit harsh on knobs and on jockeys. (I know I probably spelled jockeys incorrectly)

Cheers Geoff13

So the way I see it, to get airbourne in the cockpit it would be at least -2 G, is that correct?

Is it not outside the limitations ?

C172 PERFORMANCE

Specifications and Limitations

Performance figures given at 2300lbs (MAUW) and speeds in KIAS unless specified otherwise.

Structural Limitations

Gross weight (take-off and landing)

Baggage allowance (area 1)

Baggage allowance (area 2)

Baggage allowance (max combine area 1 and 2) Flight load factor (flaps up)

Flight load factor (flaps down)

2300 lbs

120 lbs (54kgs) 50 lbs (23kgs) 120 lbs (54kgs) +3.8g – -1.52g +3.0g – 0

So the way I see it, to get airbourne in the cockpit it would be at least -2 G, is that correct?Is it not outside the limitations ?

C172 PERFORMANCE

Specifications and Limitations

Performance figures given at 2300lbs (MAUW) and speeds in KIAS unless specified otherwise.

Structural Limitations

Gross weight (take-off and landing)

Baggage allowance (area 1)

Baggage allowance (area 2)

Baggage allowance (max combine area 1 and 2) Flight load factor (flaps up)

Flight load factor (flaps down)

2300 lbs

120 lbs (54kgs) 50 lbs (23kgs) 120 lbs (54kgs) +3.8g – -1.52g +3.0g – 0

Not buying into the rights or wrongs of the actions in the clip, however in answer to your 'G' question, 0g is what is needed to 'float'. -2G would be applying 2 times your body weight to the seatbelt straps (or ceiling of the cabin in this dogs case).

• Agree 1