Ultralight in sea off Noosa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic but would anyone have an idea of the proportions of trike regos, RAA Vs HGFA?I was told that some years ago there was a substantial shift to RAA ....

Have been trying to find out for you. Thought is was more RAA than HGFA due to the shift you mentioned which happened some years ago but found out today that it is closer to 50/50.

HGFA have a slight lead over RAA apparently.

Have been trying to find out for you. Thought is was more RAA than HGFA due to the shift you mentioned which happened some years ago but found out today that it is closer to 50/50.HGFA have a slight lead over RAA apparently.

Interesting. Most are RAA where I am with a few scragglers sticking to HGFA. The training facilities in the area probably dictate where most alliances lie.

When I had the trike, I was with HGFA but only because my instructor was HGFA. I found that HGFA wasn't a very good fit for motorised aircraft. The trikes were "tolerated" by the hang gliders and the magazine and the organisation almost completely ignored the trike owners. They were happy to have our membership fees, but when it came to organised events or representation of trike owners interests with CASA and such there was virtually nothing.

• Informative 1

They are much better now. There is a natural progression through hang gliders, motorised hang gliders, small nano trikes to single seat and on to the bigger trikes. Quite a few schools do all of them so a good mix between the disciplines now a days.

How long ago did you have your trike?