Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

Did you glue it down as well? Did you prime and paint the interior before the carpet install also? I'm at that stage and I keep dithering about putting a protective paint on the interior or just glue the carpet and save a little weight? Thanks!

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every bit of my plane is primed in two pack. Have glued onto that. I don't know how much will dissapate but the glue is not light. I'm fitting a big prop. I'm sure it will be slow but it will climb. My thoughts are it will weigh what it will. Saying that I'm keeping every thing to a minimum

Lyndon

I'm not a painter but what I have learnt is make sure you have a decent size nozzle on your gun for the big parts when you want a nice finish. One dry and one wet will do the top coat. Also filter every bit of paint before going in the gun.

Lyndon

Here is a link to the 100 HP version on a Zenith 701. Try not to grimace at the landing ;-)

Great sound....great looking aircraft......

erm....pity about the slats........evidently????.....................)

Just aligned my pedals . After building it this far I just noticed when sighting up my front wheel the engine is of set about 20 mm. It occurs in the engine mount. Someone smarter than me will tell me why ???

Lyndon

Just aligned my pedals . After building it this far I just noticed when sighting up my front wheel the engine is of set about 20 mm. It occurs in the engine mount. Someone smarter than me will tell me why ???Lyndon

It's offset to counteract P factor of prop. Rotating prop wants to go a bit left so it is offset to the right.

I have a question. I'm working in the hole under the plane and have just done all my fuel lines. I must admit this is a lot of fun ?? Oh to be young and fit. My manual states to rivet the brackets on. This is easy without the flapperon unit and impossible with it in place. Before I go and rivet the two brackets ?? They will I take it flex enough for the flapleron unit to be squeezed in between the two brackets.

Thanks Lyndon

1474245858135869230763.jpg.103f4cf4b09e16e6ce4a73d3b4a8095c.jpg

I have a question. I'm working in the hole under the plane and have just done all my fuel lines. I must admit this is a lot of fun ?? Oh to be young and fit. My manual states to rivet the brackets on. This is easy without the flapperon unit and impossible with it in place. Before I go and rivet the two brackets ?? They will I take it flex enough for the flapleron unit to be squeezed in between the two brackets.Thanks Lyndon

No I wouldn't bend the brackets to get the flaps unit in. Do it with the unit in place, not impossible but difficult.

Well I riveted the right side. Bolted the left. With the nuts loose I placed the flapperon in position. Then did the nuts up. I couldn't rivet it as I only have the pneumatic one. If I did have an issue I would have a hell of time drilling them out. This way it can be removed easily. Well as easy as it will ever be.I now need a day off for back to recover

Lyndon

Do I fit bolts and lock nuts here. ?? Or is pretty much good for travel as is. I can't find anything in the manual.Lyndon

Pretty much good to go with nothing in there. You can put 6mm bolt in to limit aileron travel but I have never used it. Check aileron an other control travel at final assembly.

I'm after some fuel inlets for my carbs. Any thoughts. Really don't want new as prices are just over the top . A straight brass fitting would be fine but I believe its not a gas thread it's metric.

Lyndon

IMAG5346.jpg.14abfa4cb6a00a278775c3b122e54773.jpg

All works perfectly and it fits

The bad news is that the little plate with the four rivets and the bolt through the middle doesn't go there. It's bolt usually has to be moved any where up to half way out to one of the mounting rivet to line up with the flaperon pivot brackets on the wing when you get the wings on.