Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it runs I will let you know how it goes

If your decided to use the non genuine filter; my only other suggestion would be to cut this filter open and completely compare the inners with the inners of a rotax one as there may be a different spec that you are not aware of. This is 100% meant to be a helpful friendly comment. Regards

Mike

• Informative 1

Alternative filters may work just fine, I don't know enough to make an informed decision.

Over here there is about a thirty dollar difference between a Rotax one and one from Repco.

So I figure that over the fifty hours I changeout an extra 60 cents per flight hour won't break the bank.

Peter

• Agree 1

Air cleaners.

I have a set of used pods that came with my engine. If some one can use them they are yours to pick up in Adelaide. Or I reckon a post bag at 10 bucks should get them most places in Australia. They are in good nick. No good sitting at my place.

Lyndon

1472770555826-490442371.jpg.38307a1a11946baa14d9edb56bd575da.jpg

Bolt or bushes question. My flaps rod to the mixer. My manual shows nothing 're this area. Any info would be grateful. It's sloppy so something goes in here.Lyndon

an4-13 drilled shank bolt, washer, castellated nut and split pin goes in there, see screen grab below.

In the picture you posted of course you will have to remove the zip tie, but you also have those doublers on the inside instead of the outside, as per the manual and it is splaying the sides outward thus the slop. Move them to the outside and squeeze the sides back in parallel.

upload_2016-9-2_17-50-1.png.7ebfd27289d770d2f99ac9c6ff0b33fa.png

• Like 1

I don't quite understand that. But will have look at it on the weekend. What was cable tied goes on the bell crank. There seems a lot of slop in it that a washer won't fix. ?? I will have a look.

Lyndon

Fuel Lines and tap question. The fuel line under the fuselage shows three clamps which I dont have in my kit. I only the single hole type with the rubber insert which is for for my engine I think. also the fuel tap has a bracket SE 009-15 that I also dont have. A pic of this bracket if any one has it please so I can make one.

Thanks Lyndon

I have some parts I can't find a place for nor in my parts book or manual. SF021-SF085 and 2 x SF 022. Any help would be great. There is only a certain number of times I can go through through the manual in a day.

Thanks Lyndon

1472970417397-490442371.jpg.3193ec165d18691812d2ff51eb1eb430.jpg

Fuel Lines and tap question. The fuel line under the fuselage shows three clamps which I dont have in my kit. I only the single hole type with the rubber insert which is for for my engine I think. also the fuel tap has a bracket SE 009-15 that I also dont have. A pic of this bracket if any one has it please so I can make one.Thanks Lyndon

if you mean the saddles like in this pic, they are just cut from .016" scrap and shaped to fit then drill and rivet. I see in another pic you have some copper saddles on the bench, dont use them on your plane, they will start corrosion.

upload_2016-9-4_17-9-31.png.12d54771a04e2cdf05bd44fa1ea5c5c3.png

The SE-009-15 is a strap of .016" about 450mm long X 30mm wide with tabs on the end for fixing. it goes around the reserve tank to hold it behind seat, nothing to do with the fuel tap.

upload_2016-9-4_17-19-56.png.4dc6707fe1de9ea963499e6adbe13d5e.png

Thanks . I must have my part numbers mixed up. I certainly have the strap for the fuel sump. I can easily make a strap for the tap.

Thanks Lyndon.

Ps I have a few other parts I can't find in my manual. I'm getting towards the end and its a worry having parts left over .

I have some parts I can't find a place for nor in my parts book or manual. SF021-SF085 and 2 x SF 022. Any help would be great. There is only a certain number of times I can go through through the manual in a day.Thanks Lyndon

I'm pretty sure SF021 goes on the forward omega on the cabin floor , the two SF022 go on the rear omega. they are installed after the carpet to protect it.

Dont know about the SF085.

That makes sense as I have not installed the carpet yet . But I have no idea where they go as my manual has nothing on carpet. But I have plenty of it. Enough to do two planes by the looks of it. I really thank you for the help. I'm getting towards the end and it seems I spend all my time looking in the manual or looking for parts that don't exist because of an upgrade. All joys of building a plane but.

Thanks Lyndon

Does anyone have a pic of the angles or an extract from the book about carpet. My manual has nothing in it.

Sf85 I have four. Under seat ribs. Se022 I have the wrong number as it's part of the elevator and its quite small. So I only have three angles I need to find a home for. ?????

Lyndon

Does anyone have a pic of the angles or an extract from the book about carpet. My manual has nothing in it.Sf85 I have four. Under seat ribs. Se022 I have the wrong number as it's part of the elevator and its quite small. So I only have three angles I need to find a home for. ?????

Lyndon

Can you translate this to English, I have no idea what you're asking.

Yes I know what they are for in a general sense. But before I go drilling holes I would like to know where they go. My manual has no chapter on carpet or angles that go on top of it. A pic of some ones floor or a pic of the extract of the manual would be most helpful.

Lyndon