Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friction block is way to small in diameter. Has anyone else found this. I'm not wanting to rush in and enlarge it ??? Lyndon

Enlarge it if necessary, I usually do that with the pedal mounting blocks. I usually leave out the friction block altogether, it adds too much friction and I like the throttle free and easy.

I see some wanky blue fuel line in some of the threads. I do like it in the engine bay. Where does one get this stuff.Lyndon

That blue fuel hose used to come with the older kits.

Do you have the modified axle with the steel bolt right trough? The head of the original bolt is drilled for safety wire maybe but it goes in the spare parts bag and the steel through bolt replaces it with the nyloc nuts.

Engine mount questions. I bought this Engine used and it came with a bracket mounted to the engine and then that screwed to the box. Eg they just put my used engine in the box the replacement engine came in. I have no info 're torque values or what bolts to use or washers or loctite etc. It came with four black set screws that look like what is used from pics I see in my manual. Any info would be great.

Thanks Lyndon

IMAG5245.jpg.4c4d239b8fcfb375c40ba513c3009487.jpg

There should be four of M8 X 35 Allen head set screws and washers in the engine installation parts box.

Torque to 40Nm.

I think the manual says to use loctite but I drill and safety wire them because I've seen a few lost or loose ones on motors around about.

Cheers

Rick

If I remember this weekend I will take a pic of my setup with the fuel backfeed into the manifold. There has been many a Sav owner looking for a place to land in a hurry with the std tank setup due to a air lock in the top of the sump. The flashing light gets the sphincter pulsing. The way mine is there is no way this can happen as the top of the sump is always vented to open space inside the top of the pax tank so no air can be in the sumpThe system works a treat...unless a bug gets into the std breather pipe system on the cap this then stops fuel flowing from that tank and you have a full tank of fuel that will not flow. This happened to me so I fitted stainless tubes facing forward in the caps and it doesnt happen any more. You just fit some thin wire gauze into the hole to stop the bugs

[ATTACH=full]41130[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]41131[/ATTACH]

Hi Kyle what dia tube did you use for your breathers .cheers Geoff

the lower coolant hoses very close to the exhaust. Which is the way to go. Heat shield the hoses with sleeves or wrap the exhaust pipes. Any experience of what works best ???

Lyndon