Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

Excellent. Now the three skins on each wing. Can I rivet the the top. The bottom. Then the front. Or do need to divide all the clecos up for all three. It should rivet up perfectly one at a time but in practice I'm sure this won't work. Thoughts ???

Lyndon

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually cleco top and nose top, then rivet the entire top, so the bottom part of the nose skin is hanging down, then flip over (someone to help is good) and cleco bottom and two trailing edge skins, then use straps and a long piece of timber to bring the leading edge back around to the main spar, then a lot of wiggling the podger to get the main spar clecoes in and rivet up. Piece of pi**

That's how I do it, the way you suggested would work as well.

Getting somewhere on the first wing. The second will take about 10 mins. I'm sure there are parts that arnt even mentioned in the manual. Then in the parts list are incorrect. But it all makes sense as I build it.

Question. In the real world when I use a sealer on the fuel outlets after drilling the plastic tanks. Does any one have a preferred sealer when they look back with experience. I'm expecting to seal these tanks up for many years with zero issues.

Thanks Lyndon

14532793039021712916850.jpg.39d37de310eee5053540e034af7479ef.jpg

Getting somewhere on the first wing. The second will take about 10 mins. I'm sure there are parts that arnt even mentioned in the manual. Then in the parts list are incorrect. But it all makes sense as I build it.Question. In the real world when I use a sealer on the fuel outlets after drilling the plastic tanks. Does any one have a preferred sealer when they look back with experience. I'm expecting to seal these tanks up for many years with zero issues.

Thanks Lyndon

Kyle had remade his tanks, what he used in his thread, you check.

Will have a look. By memory someone is using oringsLyndon

I had 2 tanks leak it was a real pain in the as* to fix. I had drilled the holes in the tanks just a smidgen off to try to get the outlet as low as possible in the tank. I had lots of issues trying to seal them. I tried all sorts of stuff..stag,proseal, etc. I ended up taking out the fittings and making a small groove in them and putting a Oring seal between the tank and the fitting. Actually worked really well and no more issues. I did run the motor/engine silicone sealer over the outside of the fittings as well. The big issue with using any sealer on the tanks is most will not stick to the tanks. The plastic they make them out of is really oily and nothing sticks over time. The Oring made the seal permanent and no further issues

• Caution 1

I'm thinking ahead. About to zip up the right wing. I believe it has no add ons. Looking ahead the left wing has the pitot tube and light.

To all you builders do I need the light. why would I ever need it.

Lyndon

I'm thinking ahead. About to zip up the right wing. I believe it has no add ons. Looking ahead the left wing has the pitot tube and light.To all you builders do I need the light. why would I ever need it.

Lyndon

Self preservation, see and be seen!

Why would you ever need a seatbelt.

• Like 1