Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyndon...have you actually read the manual?....you should read it section a couple of times BEFORE you do anything...you need your brain to translate the italian english.....I know its a pain but it helps you understand what you are doing

• Agree 1

Yep. My kit has the small trim tab in the manual. But the kit is supplied with the later trim. It also has some parts of the smaller trim. Thus my manual shows a complete different way to wire it. But then in another section it has the later wiring. My top skin has hole already in it for the grommet and wire. But it is in the very rear. Double checking before I go drilling again. Reg has informed me the manual for the vg was much improved for the xl. I think my kit and manual is during a time of change. But I do ask a lot of questions.

Thanks Lyndon

• 2 weeks later...
Is the ItalanianoEnglish still hard to follow?

This kit has been sitting around for a long time and the language in the manual hasn't benefited from the revisions that have taken place over that time.

the current manuals have 3D drawings and much clearer Italglish descriptions. Remember the advice about the picture when supplied being over the page, then it becomes much more useful.

• Informative 1

Little unclear here. The top skin is attached to something at a later stage. The top bracket is to be fitted now. Looks like the top skin is bent up and riveted to the top bracket in the corners ???? True or false ???

Lyndon

1448357886513-552960386.jpg.34f4801028b96ed38752dd4a9644a971.jpg

1448357925460-171031694.jpg.0be649e05193d26331e1d2e10048124a.jpg

So the way I have it now is correct. The manual generally has diagrams with how brackets and sheets are lined up but with this top bracket the manual is quite unclear. The frame tubes fit perfectly as I have them now.

Thanks Lyndon

Nothing conclusive bin the manual at all. But in my build video pics I was right first time. It goes on top .Thanks Lyndon

Homebuilt Help produces quite a few videos, mainly for Zenith aircraft.

Is there a build video for the Savannah too? Who produces this?