Lyndons Savannah VG Thread

Lyndon

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't found any plate yet. I'm just sorting the wiring so it misses the cables etc.

The manual shows all sorts of extra prices on the fuse which arnt in the parts list. So I will chase up the wiring the extra parts and prime them before I rivet up the fuse. If any one has a pic of their loom it would be a great help.

Lyndon

Bloody manual. Parts list for the rear fuselage. All primed and ready to go. Then during assembly all these other parts are required. If I went by the manual you button up the skins then you can't fit these angulars. Luckily I haven't riveted it all up. But I now need to set up and prime again. No economy of scale.

Lyndon

Bloody manual. Parts list for the rear fuselage. All primed and ready to go. Then during assembly all these other parts are required. If I went by the manual you button up the skins then you can't fit these angulars. Luckily I haven't riveted it all up. But I now need to set up and prime again. No economy of scale.Lyndon

They're probably used to builders who go a hell of a lot slower than you... 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Thoughts on a 100 hp Rotax out of hours at a flying school. Soft start 2009 all serviced by a lame. Or is second hand to be avoided.Lyndon

It has probably done 1,500 hours so you will have 500 hours left for you 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

• Agree 1

Front lower hatch fixing support question. What am I missing. How does this work. Is it bent over to catch the lip. A rod installed to make a hinge. Nothing in my manual except rivet it the hatch ???

Lyndon

144599712753367246795.jpg.3a3687df34664d63d06ffc6a713a67d9.jpg

No bending, no rod, just rivet it on as per the diagram on the page in your photo. The cover will then go on the outside of the fuselage with the riveted strip inside the fuse. Cleco it first and try it and you will work it out.

Regards,

Bob

What am I missing. .... Nothing in my manual except rivet it the hatch ???Lyndon

You seem to be having more than average trouble understanding the manual. The manual has copped a lot of criticism but it is better than that.

I will give you two bits of advice. Read the manual for the next section you expect to be building the night before you start, you will digest it before you need it that way. The other thing is that they tend to have the explanation on one page BUT the picture or diagram on the facing page usually is the diagram for the page before. So when you are looking for clarification from a diagram, turn the page and you will likely find what you need.

• Informative 1

Are you using a podger to work them into the right spots?...you need a 1/8 and a 5/32 one. this makes it a lot easier

Two of each is three times better , working either side of the offending cleco until they are click out to full extension.