FAA registers my new Aeroprakt A22LS

Guest SrPilot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SrPilot
Yeah, I knew that Nev... I was attempting humour. It obviously didn't fly as well as SuperPilot...

Well, I do have a cape somewhere in my hangar. 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Guest SrPilot
Can you tell us what option you have selected SP ? e.g. Yoke or stick, tundra tyres or normal ones, steam gauges or efis etc.

Sure BF. Yoke, 6:00x6 tires (oversized a bit), MGL Explorer iEfis Lite w/2 axis AP (might need a 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif), 3-bladed Warp Drive prop, etc. When I get the puppy home and flying, I might post an account of ordering and shipping process for those of us up here, as well as some photos and perhaps a few videos if anyone's interested. I licensed it E-LSA rather than S-LSA for ease in doing such things as using video cameras without a factory endorsement, etc.

Guest SrPilot
I'll be a senior pilot too by the time this build is finished.

Hey Marty_d, BTDT!! Never again. Had my fun in the hangar while everyone else was flying. Bought and finished one's guy's project (Hiperbipe), then built a GlaStar (which took me 6 1/2 years, "a few weekends and some hand tools"). work.gif.8d9e6d8ba9cdbd13b3ec052de09a1de4.gif

Guest SrPilot
Sure BF. Yoke, 6:00x6 tires (oversized a bit), MGL Explorer iEfis Lite w/2 axis AP (might need a 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif), 3-bladed Warp Drive prop, etc. When I get the puppy home and flying, I might post an account of ordering and shipping process for those of us up here, as well as some photos and perhaps a few videos if anyone's interested. I licensed it E-LSA rather than S-LSA for ease in doing such things as using video cameras without a factory endorsement, etc.

Oops. Mea culpa; my bad. I was typing fast last night and typed "yoke".111_oops.gif.41a64bb245dc25cbc7efb50b743e8a29.gif

I do not have a yoke. I have the center stick "y" style. My last 4 airplanes have had sticks so I am tuned to sticks. I've posted before on my preference on wheels v. sticks. (I tend to use "yokes" when speaking of the yellow stuff in eggs so that might explain how I mixed sticks and yokes in speaking of my new yellow airplane's control system. Sorry about that.). Tomorrow in the U.S. is a) Thanksgiving Day and b) my birthday. I think I'll eat some stuffed eggs along with the excessive amount of carbs, fats, protein, etc, that are mandatory for Thanksgiving. But I do so only to remind myself not to confuse yokes with sticks or the whites of eggs. 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

Guest SrPilot
004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gifHappy birthday Senior Pilot. I hope you have an enjoyable day and a blessed year ahead!

Thanks 80kts. And many more of those things to all of us! j

If you drink enough beer you can't even balance yourself. I tried to train on it as a youth and was led astray by a lot of teachers and pilots. (The rougher ones) Gotta blame something for the state I'm in. I thought it was compulsory at the time. Nev

• Caution 1

Guest SrPilot
Happy birthday SrPilot! Have a good one and enjoy those carbs.

Thanks M_d. How far along are you on your CH-701 project? BTDT, but different airplanes.

Thanks M_d. How far along are you on your CH-701 project? BTDT, but different airplanes.

BTDT?

So far I've made the tailfeathers, both wings, and half of a one flaperon. Slow going so far... but as my wife cheerfully said to me a few weeks ago... "Well, you built 2 wings... you only have to build 1 fuselage..."

BTDT?So far I've made the tailfeathers, both wings, and half of a one flaperon. Slow going so far... but as my wife cheerfully said to me a few weeks ago... "Well, you built 2 wings... you only have to build 1 fuselage..."

BTDT is internet-speak for "Been There, Done That"

078_pc_revenge.gif.92f2d38a0e662b2e0b6cba4dc0ba5c35.gif

• Haha 1

Guest SrPilot
BTDT?So far I've made the tailfeathers, both wings, and half of a one flaperon. Slow going so far... but as my wife cheerfully said to me a few weeks ago... "Well, you built 2 wings... you only have to build 1 fuselage..."

Sorry, M_d. I lapse into acronyms from time to time. You have the BTDT thanks to 80kts, but do you have:063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

WBYSU - Whatever Blows Your Skirt Up

HMFIC - %%*^#& [ expletive deleted, nothing much left - but he's in charge]

SNAFU - Situation Normal, All ^%*^&() [expletive deleted - again]

059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Still awaiting arrival of my A22LS. Great weather for five days, but delivery issues. Window for delivery - Monday-Wednesday shows 50% rain each day for the entire area so iffy. May be Thursday or later. I feel like the two buzzards sitting on a wire - patience my ass, I'm gonna go kill something. (or in my case, I might not wait - just go get the buggar even if I have to fly airport to airport while circumnavigating the weather). 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SrPilot
Pics, SrPilot, pics - come on, show off your baby!

Well, M_d, it's taken a bit of time but I might be getting the hang of posting photos. Soon I'll try for some air-to-air shots, but for now, try these:

998933344_A22inhgr(1).jpg.eb0e3dc2ce5610f4d621c060da7b63c0.jpg

1566095290_A22inhgr(2).jpg.5df79ec7c18b371d95c66c573d9a1d1b.jpg

1103150594_A22inhgr(3).jpg.a82df73a0cb19d9fc280050638720768.jpg

Guest SrPilot
She's a beauty!

Thanks 2tonne. I am well pleased with the airplane, the quality of construction, the performance, and Aeroprakt's U.S. representative - Dennis Long. He is a great fellow to work with. Meanwhile, it's in the hangar due to a forecast of 6 days of rain, thunderstorms, and some tornadoes. Just in time for my 3-week holiday break and my plans to fly, fly, fly. Oh well. There's always another day. I'll still have days after this weather passage to get it out and about before returning to work.

• 1 year later...
Thanks 2tonne. I am well pleased with the airplane, the quality of construction, the performance, and Aeroprakt's U.S. representative - Dennis Long. He is a great fellow to work with. Meanwhile, it's in the hangar due to a forecast of 6 days of rain, thunderstorms, and some tornadoes. Just in time for my 3-week holiday break and my plans to fly, fly, fly. Oh well. There's always another day. I'll still have days after this weather passage to get it out and about before returning to work.

Would it be possible for you to outline the process you went thru when purchasing the plane via Aeroprakt USA ?

How long it took, as everything done the way you requested etc ...

Thanks