Canungra "International" Airfield - the most elusive airfield in the world!!

Drew

[/rant-on]

According to Aeroclub there is an inaugural fly-in at Canungra "International" Airfield on 29/11/2015. I wouldn't mind attending, however, getting location and airfield information has proved almost more difficult than it's worth. The notice of the event refers you to www.flightscopeaviation.com.au for more information. Ha! Like that helped! Some obscure text then refers you to a facebook page. Ok, so now I have a physical address and off to Google Maps I go...

Well that proved pointless with no strip at that address.

Come on guys, if you would like folks to attend at least provide co-ordinates, maybe add some approach information. I just can't be arsed anymore.

[/rant-off]

See attached my Son.Seek and thy shall find.

So endith the lesson.

Peace be with you

Father Dave

Father Dave, If you have a direct line to the man upstairs, (or just the person who put that flyer together) you might want to get them to correct the error in their coordinates.

Atheist Nobody

It wasn't easy (wrong co-ordinates and all), but thanks to some inspired help from the Devine and the combined effort from the forum, I think we may just have the information we need to decrypt the location of the airfield.

Weather permitting, the good Father Dave and I will be in attendance at the service on Sunday.

See you there (if we find it)...

Camel that is a different location to the one advertised as "Canungra International"

I looked at ad and saw it was near Boyland, that is close to Boyland and is called Cunungra, more info please, I'm confused ! How many airstrips are there in that location ?

I looked at ad and saw it was near Boyland, that is close to Boyland and is called Cunungra, more info please, I'm confused ! How many airstrips are there in that location ?

at least 2

one here, which is hosting a flyin on the weekend.

and the one you show on the WAC chart here:

Guys, this is no laughing matter. I drove to the field last weekend and the only thing about Canungra "International" Airfield is that it is elusive in every way. Not only are the co-ords inaccurate and the east co-ord sports a "1" before the 127, someone needs to do a map view of the field with runways drawn in, taxiways, parking areas, runway directions. The runways are not accurately marked and I saw no windsock or runway markers. It is hilly terrain and short, ultralighters dream, inexperienced pilots nightmare.

[/rant-on]According to Aeroclub there is an inaugural fly-in at Canungra "International" Airfield on 29/11/2015. I wouldn't mind attending, however, getting location and airfield information has proved almost more difficult than it's worth. The notice of the event refers you to www.flightscopeaviation.com.au for more information. Ha! Like that helped! Some obscure text then refers you to a facebook page. Ok, so now I have a physical address and off to Google Maps I go...

Come on guys, if you would like folks to attend at least provide co-ordinates, maybe add some approach information. I just can't be arsed anymore.

[/rant-off]

[/rant-on]According to Aeroclub there is an inaugural fly-in at Canungra "International" Airfield on 29/11/2015. I wouldn't mind attending, however, getting location and airfield information has proved almost more difficult than it's worth. The notice of the event refers you to www.flightscopeaviation.com.au for more information. Ha! Like that helped! Some obscure text then refers you to a facebook page. Ok, so now I have a physical address and off to Google Maps I go...

[/rant-off]

[/rant-off]

Hello fellow aviators!

Yes many of the comments are true the Canungra International Airport was an elusive and exclusive airfield hence our invitation!

The reference to the CTAF/Unicom is true unfortunately we inherited 123.45 MHz as the local chat freq and in time we intend to change this. Please be patient with us as this is our first flyin and is totally not for profit with all proceeds going to the Beyond Blue Charity. All organised by Flightscope's instructors, ie two people to do everything! Our website had the Facebook link which included the attached diagrams!

Some of the pilots have expressed concerns about flying to the CIA, remember it is an ALA and If you think it is beyond you to safely operate from our airfield I have attached detailed road maps! Hope this helps..

image.jpg.4f1742539bfaf691daa652ab9237c071.jpg

image.jpg.f8ee5a595ab75111683aa65e52597b28.jpg

image.jpg.15f1596201308b6fe806ea44271a94ab.jpg

Hello fellow aviators!Yes many of the comments are true the Canungra International Airport was an elusive and exclusive airfield hence our invitation!

The reference to the CTAF/Unicom is true unfortunately we inherited 123.45 MHz as the local chat freq and in time we intend to change this. Please be patient with us as this is our first flyin and is totally not for profit with all proceeds going to the Beyond Blue Charity. All organised by Flightscope's instructors, ie two people to do everything! Our website had the Facebook link which included the attached diagrams!

Some of the pilots have expressed concerns about flying to the CIA, remember it is an ALA and If you think it is beyond you to safely operate from our airfield I have attached detailed road maps! Hope this helps..

I will be driving out to say good day.I have been there a few times before.

Guys, this is no laughing matter. I drove to the field last weekend and the only thing about Canungra "International" Airfield is that it is elusive in every way. Not only are the co-ords inaccurate and the east co-ord sports a "1" before the 127, someone needs to do a map view of the field with runways drawn in, taxiways, parking areas, runway directions. The runways are not accurately marked and I saw no windsock or runway markers. It is hilly terrain and short, ultralighters dream, inexperienced pilots nightmare.

This would be really hard as we will only complete the airfield tomorrow!

Guys lets give these guys a break.

I for one complain that we have very few destinations in south east QLD where we just jump in a plane and shoot off to another airfield, have a $100-00 hamburger and meet with like minded folks.

Some of us have been begging for this type of thing for ages, lets support this and others in our neighbourhood.

Weather permitting will see you tomorrow.

Dave B. (VH-WPL)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1