Austrlia Day Lamb Add

Rotorwork

I reckon they knew the ad would be pulled before they even made it. It'd be interesting to see the contract they had with the TV stations. Let's face it the controversy has probably caused more people to view it online than would have seen it on TV anyway. Clever tactics - use media and the protesters themselves to give you more coverage and not even have to pay for the TV time...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The marketing campaign doesn't raise the perception of lamb of being a premium meat, you just get a bunch of people eating it to piss off vegans???

I love lamb for making curries, its the best meat for it and you can buy it as cheap as $4 kg. Dogs like lamb bones as well

I've been eating lamb myself the last few days at work.

Mum has 740 acres in the hills, couple of lambs got put down over Xmas while I was up there and my sis took one set of meat away and I took some of the other lamb.

Makes a good brekkie at work to tuck into a cliptop pot of lamb curry during smoko after a morning run of 550 lambs running past my knife on the line, with another 1000 due over the rest of the day.

Halal is the standard here too. Only difference between Halal and non-Halal is the fact the Halal guys are muslim... Just means two guys at the works are hired for their religion, otherwise it's just slaughter as usual.

• Like 1

The wife tells me that she saw the ad for the first time on TV last night. It was broadcast at 11:05pm AND the kale scene had been clipped out.

Do we live in a DEMOCRACY where all agree to accept the Will of the majority, or

Do we live in a YCARCOMED where all must accept the Will of the minority?

OME

The wife tells me that she saw the ad for the first time on TV last night. It was broadcast at 11:05pm AND the kale scene had been clipped out.Do we live in a DEMOCRACY where all agree to accept the Will of the majority, or

Do we live in a YCARCOMED where all must accept the Will of the minority?

OME

In quite a lot of things we accept the will of the minority. Start with politicians salaries and work your way out from there. The ALP gets a minority of votes and gets propped up by the Greens - the Liberal Party gets a minority of votes and gets propped up by the Country Party. It goes on and on. However, the aim of governing for all should be to maximise the benefits to the majority without destroying the rights of the minority and not just pandering to the noisy.

If each policy being offered up was on the ballot paper with a tick box alongside it we MIGHT determine what the WILL of the majority was but we don't so we can't and all the crap about an electoral mandate is just crap. The little known policies were usually the result of the leader speaking out loud in the loo or suddenly waking up with a "captain's pick" and then being pushed as a "mandate" on a bemused and gutless party and gullible public usually well after the election. It is always worthwhile considering which, so called "far reaching and nationally important" policies actually make it as legislation. More recently, how did Abbot behave?

Alan Jones, Ray Hadley, Andrew Bolt et al may tell you that they speak for the worker, the family or farmers on Struggle Street, everyman but really they are just bully boys pushing some sort of barrow for some sectional minority interest which on the odd occasion might align with what the majority considers fair and reasonable, but not often.

Democracy isn't just 51% agree. They have voted for a platform of ideas and that would mean nearly 1/2 don't agree. Anyhow having been voted in by a majority If they said "kill the others who didn't vote for us" ,would that be democratic? Nev

Democracy isn't just 51% agree. They have voted for a platform of ideas and that would mean nearly 1/2 don't agree. Anyhow having been voted in by a majority If they said "kill the others who didn't vote for us" ,would that be democratic? Nev

Actually there are policies put up by the winners that wouldn't garner support of 50% of their supporters let alone being opposed by the losers.

It is all a bit like football - you have supported the team for 50 years, you are unlikely to change, you are not part of the decision making process, you know that 20% of the team are there as stocking stuffers related to the board and coach, you live in vainglorious hope that they will win anyway. Bit of a bugger really.

Would anyone consider that Abetz, Conroy, Ferguson, Bernardi or Andrews as representative of a broad cross section of Australians?

• Agree 1

The problem starts at the level of suitability of the candidates preselected in the electorates. Then we look at those nominated by the parties for the SENATE and wonder what is going on sometimes They are not all BAD but why should any of them be so out of tune with expectations of the average voter. Nev

A very good ad and if it was banned that makes it even better. I didn't see it on TV because I hate the ads, but I did look at it here. Loved the Copenhagen bit. As for Kale which someone mentioned that they tried. When I was a pom I used to grow it for cattle feed. Great stuff for ruminants, but I am not a ruminant.