Drip trays

Lyndon

Drip trays a good that if you have room ,I also heat tape exhaust pipes and ceramic cited muffler if you land to can put your hand on the muffler so works the my Savannah .

My factory aircraft has no trays but has airbox. Exhaust is wrapped by me.

I agree they are good to have but it can also make access to the carbs difficult.

ie, dropping the bowls off.

• Agree 1

I'm perplexed. It's a bucket and was expecting it to handle a failure of the needle and seat. This is of no use except the odd drop from a carburetor that is not in good order. It needs a 3/8 or 1/2 drain be of any use. Lucky if I have an 1/8. I will fit some drains that actually may work .

Lyndon

14637359142601421526565.jpg.6398c8440e72d0c07c96dc20a37bb78f.jpg

I'm not quite sure. Manifold to rubber carb mount I had an o ring. Now I fit the trays. They use the o ring to the Manifold. The rubber carb mount now has no o ring or gasket. The manual shows a gasket but not needed for the uls. Thoughts please from someone who had first hand experience. Thanks Lyndon

14638868017141715846966.jpg.4f26963862ea9ce8c170f191aac5c5b8.jpg

On another note I have overhauled the carbs. Quite surprised to see one carb as almost had the jet needle worn so much on the c clip it has almost cut it clean thru.

Lyndon

On another note I have overhauled the carbs. Quite surprised to see one carb as almost had the jet needle worn so much on the c clip it has almost cut it clean thru.Lyndon

I think there is a mod for the jet needle, a little oring on top to stop the circlip turning and wearing through the groove.

It's got the orings. 1740 hrs. At a guess it was shot about 5 or 600 hrs and another 300 or 400 the needle would be in two. Mind you only one carb the other is perfect.

Lyndon

I think there is a mod for the jet needle, a little oring on top to stop the circlip turning and wearing through the groove.

Agree Rick; and there is a different alluinium retainges that has a recess machined in it for the 'O' ring so (Lyndon) read the manufactures manual and check with Floods etc; don't just push on an 'O' ring. Hope this helps. Cheers Mike

Its a late model engine. I have the manual. There is no groove for the o ring. Clearly there was some sort of vibration in the needle to wear so much. The only thing holding the c clip was the o ring. I have ordered two more needles and new c clips

Lyndon