RV4 Wanted.

Thunda

Jeez Bex you don't miss much,Just cause I like em, Centre line seating, quick, not all that thirsty. Aeros,

I decided to take today off, well I'm researching some things but trying to relax. I usually work 7 days.

Go ask AAK if they will build you what you want, Ole's quite open to ideas.

Home

They already have a tandem 2 seat high wing to start from.

What value would you blokes put on one, 160 horses

There's an awful lot of variables to that. Engine HTR, CS/FP prop, panel installation, interior, etcProbably 60-70,000 for a middle-of-the-road RV-4 with a Dynon legacy EFIS, SL30, FP prop and mid-time engine. By comparison, I would put $95-100K on my -9, but it has less than 100TTAE with an O-340 that can be upgraded to 180HP+, Sensenich G/A prop, Mode S tranponder that's ADS-B capable, 10" Dynon Skyview, two-axis autopilot and an IFR GPS.

Bex, I may be slow and not very good lookin.

But I want my plane to fast and good lookin.

KRviator.

Sounds nice, the one I've been tryin ta get me hairy fingers on ain't that flash but suits me.

The owner an meself can't come to a price that he will let it go, an l can't come up.

So here l am tryin ta find another one.

• Like 1

But I want my plane to fast and good lookin.

I didn't say to buy an AAK Cub, I said "Ole is open to ideas".

That means if you go to Ole and tell him what you want and your budget, he may be able to build something for you that meets your criteria.

• Like 1

Roger Roger 10 - 4 to dat.

I want to up load a photo of KRviator

I knew I'd seen him around before.

But the system keeps sayin it too big, I've tried to crop the pic but still too big.

Wadda I doo?

Roger Roger 10 - 4 to dat.I want to up load a photo of KRviator

I knew I'd seen him around before.

But the system keeps sayin it too big, I've tried to crop the pic but still too big.

Wadda I doo?

UUUhhh what's that about a photo of me? To the best of my knowledge I've never met you?Anyways, easiest way to shrink a photo is using MS Paint. Open your huge image with Paint, CTRL-W, pick your reduce-by percentage, resave it and you're done.

I have an RV4 and a Corby Starlet, thinking about selling one of them, but in no hurry.

130 hours eng and airframe, 0-320 Lycoming with sensenich prop, just coming up for an annual.

I have just bought an RV4 in WA.

A very good aircraft at a very good price.

He was able to sell it because he asked a reasonable price for it.

It also comes with an impressive inventory, including navigation equipment, long rang auxiliary fuel tank, and other unexpected extra gear.

And maintained to an exceptional degree.

Giving eight hours endurance plus 45 minutes reserve, @160 kts and some guru said l was asking too much.

And was concerned about my comfort and room to stretch out, maybe their not into endurance flying, but I am.

What l purchased was an aircraft that suited my specific requirements and performance.

After extensive research into what was available l decided on a Vans RV4, it is exactly what I needed and wanted.

Not an RV6, or 8 or 3 or any of the others.

Thanks to those that replied to my enquiry, and thanks Yen, l hope things go well for you overseas, don't forget to give me a heads up if you decide to sell your RV4.

It is a fine example of a well considered build.

There is only one thing better than owning a RV4.......... and thats owning two of them.

Thanks again to you that replied, I can't see muck benefit on staying here now that I have achieved my goal, and that was through Avation Trader.

There appears to be a couple of Google recherches here that can't help themselves, they sit in front of their computer 24/7 giving out advice that they found via the Internet, and have a finger in every pie gong and then find the time to bake some extras.

I suggest they find something more constructive to do, like go flying instead of talking about it.

I'm sure that with all their expertise and knowledge they could've get a well pair position with NASA.

Cheers all, I'm outa here, I'm off to pick up me rocket for some long haul flyin.

At last l found the RV'ers.I'm looking for an RV4.

Anyone considering selling?

Looks like the quick or the dead!

I missed this post, and have a mate that wants to sell his RV4, is looking for something with better short field ability, not necessarily STOL, just a slower/shorter strip requirement.

Sure you don't want two?!!

Looks like the quick or the dead!I missed this post, and have a mate that wants to sell his RV4, is looking for something with better short field ability, not necessarily STOL, just a slower/shorter strip requirement.

Sure you don't want two?!!

As it happens. I have an Allegro 2000 That I could well be tempted to do a cross-trade on an Rv4.

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpg.2d14d1434efca645dad59d630f7ab219.jpg

My RV8 - just love it. I have the big tanks and wing tanks. 6 hours endurance at 24/2400 and 39lph. 165knts.

Enjoy your new toy

Sounds like your picked up a good RV4 in WA.

Enjoy. The RV4 was my first choice, but it was just a little small for me. I then started my RV8 search and found the RV8 here in Victoria.

When do you pick it up? Where will it be flown back to - your hangars site?

• Informative 1

Pgrylls

If you can swap exchange would be another Vans up there in Bendigo.

I'm up there quite often - member of Bendigo Flying Club and Lethbridge's Geelong Sports Aviators - so we do a bit of club visiting.

Say Hi if you see me.

Bernie

PgryllsIf you can swap exchange would be another Vans up there in Bendigo.

I'm up there quite often - member of Bendigo Flying Club and Lethbridge's Geelong Sports Aviators - so we do a bit of club visiting.

Say Hi if you see me.

Bernie

No worries Bernie. Bit of a long-shot but you never know. !5 litres an hour is bound to be attractive to someone. I will keep an eye out for your RV.

• Winner 1
  • Caution 1