Site Update Comments

Admin

Hi, you are now seeing the site after the complete update made on Tue 22nd Sept 2020 and to ensure all issues are addressed and any suggestions are implemented PLEASE post them here so I can address them. I can't address anything that is not posted so please post...thanks, I am hoping, with your help, we will create a whole new future here for Recreational Flying (.com)

Please note there is still a lot more work to do to complete the migration and create the different sections

2 hours ago, FlyBoy1960 said:

I have said this before and I don't want it to sound like a real complaint but every time you change the site I go round and round in circles again and again. It would be good if it was just left the same for us old users

Yes, it will be left like this. I posted back in June that the direction the old software was going and that it was not good. It would confuse everyone in using it and we would have had to have upgraded to that at some time...it was meant for young and technical people and more into the gaming type of communities...it was mixing articles etc with different display formats etc into the forum threads etc and in some cases every time you create a thread you had to decide if you wanted it as a discussion, an article, a poll or even select that you were asking a question, very confusing for the user. Plus the new layout would require a lot of work to make it appealing and easy to view and use. This software is more expensive but more in line with having different sections for you to choose what you want to view/use.

I am guessing you don't want to view Forum Threads like this:

1.jpg

I hope this helps to explain things

• Like 1

I would love to have a more compact view ? like the previous board ?  am using PC with Chrome.

Now, I can only fit 2 or 3 topics for a whole screen. lots of scrolling required. 

Maybe I can change the layout in my settings ?

glen

at the moment there is LOTS of bank space between topics.. This is a waste of space.

I need to increase print size to make it nice and readible, as the result is about two topics per page, with abotu 75% blank empty space...

just my feedback.. I dont like ti.... 🙂 glen

17 minutes ago, red750 said:

Once I got my stream options set on What's New, it looks OK so far. Time will tell. Any word on the Showcase (now Aircraft) stats -- total items, views,etc?

On the agenda @red750 it will take me a couple of weeks to get everything fully migrated, sections opened up and changes made but it will get there.

At the moment my focus is acting on the posts that get made in here, resolving any issues that users have or change what users don't like

• Like 1

1 minute ago, red750 said:

No sweat. How do I set What's New (All) as my default? It keeps resetting to What's New (Unread).

Go to Whats New (All) and then on the right select Stream Options and then Set as your default stream

I've set my default to Whats New Unread & then clicked everything on the Read Status tab and selected the condensed button at the right of my screen. This is now my home and startup preference in Chrome. What I get is all new content including what I have read and just a list of the threads without any content so it is just the same as what I had before.

• Winner 1

54 minutes ago, red750 said:

Did that (3 times). Still resets.

@red750 I just tried by logging in as Corrine, a standard user, and did what I suggested, logged out, shut down browser, open site back up, logged back in as Corrine and the default was still saved as Whats New (All)...so not sure what is happening in your case...can you give me any further info?

UPDATE...I just logged in as you and the Whats New default was showing Whats New (All) so it has saved it as your default

1 hour ago, kgwilson said:

I've set my default to Whats New Unread & then clicked everything on the Read Status tab and selected the condensed button at the right of my screen. This is now my home and startup preference in Chrome. What I get is all new content including what I have read and just a list of the threads without any content so it is just the same as what I had before.

Thanks, got that setup now.

Both Whats New (Unread) and Whats New (All) are now defaulted to view in condensed mode. If you wish to have an expanded view click the Expanded button on the page and it will set expanded as default for you