First GA Solo

Just a short note to say I did my first GA solo in the Warrior this morning :big_grin:

:raise_eyebrow: Did they give an estimate of how long it will take to dig it out of the runway?! (na_na.gif.fad5d8f0b336d92dbd4b3819d01d62e5.gif)

P.S. Well done :thumb_up:

Guest Maj Millard

Nice one Darks, would be interested to know how many hours to solo GA, and did your UL time come into it ?...............Maj...

bit different to the Jab eh?

haha, oh yes!

It might not be fashionable, but I have to admit I love the Warrior 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

how many hours to solo GA, and did your UL time come into it ?

Well, officially I soloed at 6.6. But a couple of lessons ago I was told I was at solo standard but we ran out of time to do it, that was at 4.1. I had a couple of lessons with a Gr3 booked so did IF in those then did the solo today after organising to do a check with a FI who could send me solo. So, officially 6.6, unofficially 4.1 I spose 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Yes, I think the UL time helped, if that's what you mean. After the Jab, everything seems easy to fly!

She was in the front and I didn't touch the controls at all.

Well done Darks, that is a fairly different type of aircraft - going tail wheel also.

Thanks everyone :big_grin:

And you are soooo cool about such a great achievement.

Probably because it didn't feel like such a big deal second time 'round. Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely fantastic, but it wasn't so much 'OMG I'm solo...now I have to get down again!'. It just kind of felt like a natural progression - I was confident in it and just flew it, there wasn't the uncertainty/nerves that comes with the first 'first solo' (if that makes any sense). Absolutely can't wait to get up there again though! :big_grin:

How long now before a Dreamliner flight deck is graced by the Dark one?

haha, probably quite a while since I have no intention of ever flying for the airlines! (hands on flying is that much more fun!)

may we add our congratulations also Darky you have achieved a fair bit in your short time. Congratulations once again & keep up the good work. Cheers John & Sue