Avocet aircraft nearing compeation

Guest AVOCET

Hi, my name is mike sharples,i have been busy these past couple of years building my new designed fuselage that i have strapped a couple of jabiru 250 wings to ,should be finnished around new year. I look forward to showing at temora at easter [email protected]

Guest JRMobile

Hi Mike, Welcome aboard Recreationalflying.

Which engine are you putting in the Avocet, and looking forward to some pics.

Cheers

john

• 6 months later...
saw the Avocet at Natfly....can't work out what it is designed for...............

Does it matter ? Mike had a dream, built it & it flies well I believe - what a fantastic achievement 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

Jake J

• Like 1

Thanks Mr H. I now remember seeing some photos previously but didn't connect the name. I seem to recall some derogatory remarks about the rear stowage doors. I like them as they remind me of the Blackburn Beverley clam shell doors from my early days in the RAF. I'm not sure how they effect the tail boom strength though. The up swinging doors make for easy access and egress so another plus. However, the top mounted engine, apart from an undesirable high trust line (IMO) spoils the looks as it looks somewhat agricultural, again, IMO. Kudos to Mike though, he/you had a dream and made it happen. Good onya mate.

I guess the big question Mike

Hi, my name is mike sharples,i have been busy these past couple of years building my new designed fuselage that i have strapped a couple of jabiru 250 wings to ,should be finnished around new year. I look forward to showing at temora at easter [email protected]

I guess the big question Mike... How does it fly? Its like an Ra-Aus Caravan... I like it...

• 2 weeks later...
Does it matter ? Mike had a dream, built it & it flies well I believe - what a fantastic achievement 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gifJake J

I agree with Jake J.. I remember very well at an SAAA fly-in at Wagga several years ago when Mike was discussing his dream. Because he is an enthusiastic and quality builder he has now realised that dream. It will be very interesting to see what his plans are for it, but knowing Mike we will see much more.

Best Regards

ED