RAA Northern Fly-in

Does anyone know if there will be a Northern Fly-in 2011 and when. The inaugural event was held in 2010 on the June Queens birthday weekend at Monto. Nothing mentioned on the RAA site.

Barcaldine Qld has a fly-in Queens birthday so we are deciding which to go to.

Sue

Guest Maj Millard

Can't swear to the following, BUT the word around the hills is that the Monto town folk wanted to have all the bar concessions for the next one, but that is how RAAus makes all it's pickins', if you know what I mean.

It might get sorted I don't know, but maybe the folks at Springsure need to put there hand up for the next one ?? more central spot anyway as I see it............................................................................Maj...

Guest Maj Millard

Dalby would be fine DD, I'm sure Tommo would give you a hand also. But do I need to order up a new Petrel to attend ??....in jest .............................Maj...

yeah, got a little damp for the wings and wheels and really hasn't dried out since even the gliding championships held here were washed out...although I would expect a fly in to be conducted in the cooler drier months so would be a great thing to do

Guest studentbiggles
Major, get ready...order NOW!

LOL.........I'd like one tooooooooo................down the track...:)

Fly Safe Alley

Hi Alley

I did raise the idea of a WESTERN fly-in for the folks out SA and beyond (we might even let some Vic refugees in ....). I started a thread here http://www.recreationalflying.com/showthread.php/94925-How-about-a-WESTERN-Fly-in but there weren't many takers. So if the Northern flyin will be every second year - how about a Western event every other year? I just feel the west gets left out. The ladies (AWPA) share it around the country - we meet in the NT this year - so maybe RAA could share the love too.

Sue

Guest Maj Millard

Boy I wouldn't mind HEON, Now maybe if Farri could sell his Drifter, and me my Lightwing ...and we could share the petrel....Mmmmm...might work..................................Maj...

I agree that Dalby would be good but Kingaroy would be awesome. More than enough room for camping, great facilities and a council run avgas bowser with very reasonably priced fuel. The council is right on-side also. There is some great local flying to be had also for those wanting to go for a quick spin over the South Burnett.

Yen, My reference to cold at Monto was mainly about camping in the cold [unable to obtain accommodation]. I stayed at Kingaroy whilst attending the Watts Bridge Fly In and the temp at night was low but as motel accommodation was available was not a concern.

Frank