If it wasn't flying, it'd be ...

Guest burbles1

Since I have not flown lately I am.........

GOING BATTY!!!!!!!!!!

Have moved to Gladstone and due to no hangars available my aircraft is still in Bundy, have not flown since January 2 ( not that I am counting! ).

I'm with Darky. I just get in the car and drive. We are going to drive to townsville in a few weeks time (natural disasters permitting) just for the hell of it.

I've been going mad not being able to fly lately. Who's idea was it to buy a house. Even worse I have to listen to my clients tell me about their new aircraft etc. It's torture...

Most of my flying had a definate purpose to it. I was either getting a qualification, testing the plane, instructing, or flying the line. I have never really just got up there and buzzed around. There is a certain amount of practice required to hone your skills but even that, should be structured to be effective. I love instructing, sailing, and have plenty to do with motorbikes. I would be happy to be building a plane, but that would have to be qualified. It would have to be a group activity where we all work together. i get more out of doing things involved with others. Nev

I would be riding...or restoring my vintage bikes (which I never seem to get around to doing).

I used to average around 60K kilometers a year on a bike, but I never lost the urge to get back in the air, so my riding was drastically cut back to free up the funds!

It's good you can count money Tubz - I would welcome it! keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Nah, I'm in a pretty good position really, can't complain.

You'll enjoy the Cooper Darky, I had the privilege to drive one a couple years ago (don't tell anyone!), they are good fun 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif Plane would be first priority I thought though! 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

Not sure about myself really... I love driving too! Do about 5000klm a month for work.... If I'm not flying/training or working I love to water ski! But usually am the boat driver, as I'm better at that than skiing 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif I also love music, and play in a couple bands at times.

This year seems to be filling up at a crazy rate... already I'm off to Tassie in 2 weeks - then the Kimberleys around easter... PNG in August! 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Got to fit in my flying somewhere too 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

You'll enjoy the Cooper Darky, I had the privilege to drive one a couple years ago (don't tell anyone!), they are good fun. Plane would be first priority I thought though! 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

I love Minis, ever since the new ones came out I've desperately wanted one. Now just gotta save up this year for a nice 2nd hand one (unless I win lotto on saturday night...got me a ticket!).

Plane isn't a priority at the moment, mainly because I don't have enough experience to know what I want. I could go out and buy a plane now only to discover that by the end of this year I want a tailwheel aeros machine or something. Too much around to be making any decisions yet!

I would be happy to be building a plane, but that would have to be qualified. It would have to be a group activity where we all work together. I get more out of doing things involved with others. Nev

I'm with you Nev. I'd love to be building, but I like doing things like that with other people. So far I've built 2 houses and assisted on two others, and I built 2 Minis from wrecks in my younger days (yep, Darky - real Minis, none of this pretend stuff 045_beg.gif.b05ea876053438dae8f282faacd973d1.gif). Yep, I reckon if I wasn't flying then I'd be building - well, if someone would deposit large sums of moolah in my bank account that is! augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif