You know you're a Pilot when...

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Guest SAJabiruflyer

.. as you drive around your home town, you no longer see farmers paddocks - you see emergency landing areas. You also time how long it takes your car to get from one end of a paddock to another.. and estimate how long the paddock is and work out if you can land there. I think I need to get a life... 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest davidh10

.. you change the settings on WeatherZone to read wind in knots keep checking the wind, baro pressure, pressure maps and weather radar several times a day.

My better half told me I was spending too much time on the computer:thumb_down: and should get outside more...

I re-took up photography (largely landscape):thumb_up:, but had to process the images on the computer, which is quite time consuming:thumb_down:.

Oops... Now I've taken up flying as well!! I don't think that was quite what she had in mind, although she has supported the extra hobby, and it has made me spend less time on the computer:thumb_up:

Guest SAJabiruflyer

... you rush outside at 10pm just so you can watch the lights of whichever commercial flight is on it's way into YPAD

... and best of all, you take your wife up for her first ride in a small plane, and she tells you the landing was "Better than JetStar"

THAT one made me grin!

You preflight your car

You give your car passengers a "pre takeoff safety brief" before a trip

When you misunderstand what someone's said to you, you say, "Say again?"

Your wife/girlfriend has underwear with "remove before flight" printed on them

You wear your David Clark headset plugged into your MP3 player while jogging

You installed a quick drain valve on your cars fuel tank.

There's a whole bunch of these on facebook!

-Andrew

• Like 1

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Ha ha I didnt even think to Google it first. I see what you mean - a whole heap of this is online. :)

Guest Maj Millard

When you install that spare OAT guage in the roof of your ute, and that spare compass on the dash !...............................Maj...

.....you look at the first 3 letters of the numberplate of the car in front of you and repeat them in your mind phonetically. (Im guilty of this one)

That's how I practised learning the Phonetic Alphabet :big_grin:

• Like 1

Guest ozzie

You know you are a real pilot when the postie's bike pops a cork from lugging all the aviation magazines and CASA BS.

Oh and another one;

You study Sydneys Departure and arrival procedures before your holiday to Rockhampton and can recite, verbatim, every single stage of flight including which navaids and intersections you just turned over to your extremely uninterested girlfreind.

Guest SAJabiruflyer

... You're a computer tech by day and you test the internet on customers computers by going to flightradar24.com "to check their download speed"

... you want your JetStar / Virgin / Qantas flight to be even rougher, and you sit at the back so you can look at the control surfaces on the wings

... you spent most of a recent flight from ADL-OOL staring out the window looking for landing strips

... you say out loud "V1... rotate.. positive rate of climb... gear up" when you take off on a commercial flight

... you go over your small download limit on your home broadband because you spend all night watching YouTube clips of plane crashes, bad landings or crosswind techniques

... you spell your name on the phone using the Phoenetic Alphabet, then get frustrated when the call centre worker doesnt even understand that

... you get from work after fixing computers all day, and the first thing you do is logon to http://www.recreationalflying.com to check up on the latest posts

:)

Guest SAJabiruflyer

.... and you're still on Recreational Flying while watching TV and ignoring the wife who will very soon give up in disgust and go play on Ebay in the computer room

Guest SAJabiruflyer

I dont know but i've got a sock in my mouth now for spending all night on aviation websites

Guest davidh10
... you spell your name on the phone using the Phoenetic Alphabet, then get frustrated when the call centre worker doesnt even understand that

I used to do that many many years before I learned to fly ;-0

Listen to your airport of choice on liveatc.net while you monitor the traffic on flightradar24.com

Oh, the internet is amazing!! Now I have another way of wasting many more hours! typing.gif.6480b8333d5a827991c46cf7c4016332.gif

Thanks Acky! 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

• Like 1