Here we go!!

pudestcon

Damn that sucks pud :( Bet that would've hurt a fair bit.It's all coming together. Don't forget to tell me when you're gonna be flying her! Would love to get some video/pics

-Andrew

Yep, I'll let you know for sure Andrew. Not sure when it will happen now although the test flying will probably happen during the next couple of days if the weather is good - forecast says it should be perfect through to Friday.

Well I'm off to pop a couple of heavy painkillers and see if I can get some shuteye.

Cheers,

Pud

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New EGT gauge from Ian Baker went in today and works a treat. Water temp readout is sorted (dedicated earth connection did that). Just waiting on the Rotax Tacho gauge in the mail from Ian and she's done! All ready for test flying when the weather is nice to us - wasn't any good today.

Pud

• Like 3

This sitting on the edge of my seat is getting uncomfortable... Hurry up Pud!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif :thumb_up:

No, No Tomo....we need a bit more material for the TV series yet. Me and Pud will be rich.

Then Pud can ditch the Thruster and buy a Hornet! 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 2

I hope the TV series has a "And they all lived happily ever after" type ending Pow.

I don't like the idea of "ditching" the Thruster, but a Hornet would be nice. Maybe I can have both when the TV series takes off.

Pud

I like your thinking Pud.......Hows the shoulder?Scotty

The shoulder is feeling better over the last couple of days thanks Scotty, but it let's me know I still need to treat it carefully - roll on Wednesday for the injection.

Better not place an order for a Hornet just yet eh turbo? Gotta get a network to buy the series I s'pose - Hey Pow, you sold this series yet, maybe we can give Underbelly a run for their money.

Pud

The shoulder is feeling better over the last couple of days thanks Scotty, but it let's me know I still need to treat it carefully - roll on Wednesday for the injection.Better not place an order for a Hornet just yet eh turbo? Gotta get a network to buy the series I s'pose - Hey Pow, you sold this series yet, maybe we can give Underbelly a run for their money.

Pud

Underbelly....Pfft!

Negotiating the Master Thruster movie rights as we speak.....

Thank God for that! I thought it might be called the Air Adventures of Puddles:bye:Pud

Great idea Pud! We'll make him one of the characters.

They saw the Bosche kites just over the ridge in the moonlight.

"Tally HO!" whispered Algy

"Roger!" replied Roger who was hard of hearing and thought Algy was asking his name, thus accidentally playing a part in aviation history

They ran to their machines, each breath a cloud in the frosty air

Biggles was first to the machines and his kite burst into life; with a wave of his hand he was gone.

Puddles had fallen into a bog and lost his scarfe

On reaching his machine he yelled "CONTACT!........Contact!......Contact.....contact........contact

But they'd all gone

• Like 2

Well, I had the shoulder injection on Wednesday and all seems to be going well - I gave it a good workout today fitting new driveway gates at my sons place. We'll see what it's like tomorrow.

The Thruster has been in the air!!... albeit 4' off the strip for a checkout by the test pilot. He reports that all controls are functioning adequately and the aircraft handles very well. We have a tail wheel 'shimmy' that has been attributed to a linkage bar/tube that is used to connect the tailwheel to the rudder. The ss tube is 9.42mm dia. and about 190mm long, and it has an unwanted bend in it! The other Thruster in the hangar has a solid ss bar (no bend either!), not tube, for this component, so this week I will be chasing up a solid ss bar to have machined up.

Did some work on Saturday; installed the tacho I received from Ian during the week - all good thanks Ian, tidied up some electrical connections and secured the wiring loom behind the instrument panel. Also took the time to route the coolant overflow tube correctly and vent the fuel tank to outside air rather than inside the fuselage sock - didn't like that at all. Much happier now. Fitted a PTT switch on the joystick and still have to finish with the connection plug into the intercom.

So still a couple of things to do before we exercise the Thruster again.

My thoughts are now turning to a name for my Thruster so I've started a new thread.

Pud

• Like 2

She flys!!!:clap2:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif:thumb_up:012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Well this morning the test pilot did a strip run, then taxied back and did 1 circuit. He was happy with how she handled but still had the tail wheel shimmy and some movement in the starboard side main gear spring after landing. So we tackled those items early afternoon and found both sides of the main landing gear had worked loose, so we sorted it and tensioned up the tail wheel bungy rubber. 2 more test circuits and the aircraft is coming up nicely. Tomorrow we will fashion a couple of trim tabs for the rudder and elevator to take out some slight bias, then I should be right to give it a go - excited and a little nervous I am!!!

Pud

• Like 5

Pud,

That's awesome! :big_grin: Glad all is well. I'm doing a nav tomorrow with Northam being one of the stops. Should be in around 2ish so I might see you in the circuit :thumb_up: What's the Thruster's rego?

-Andrew

She flys!!!:clap2:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif:thumb_up:012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gifWell this morning the test pilot did a strip run, then taxied back and did 1 circuit. He was happy with how she handled but still had the tail wheel shimmy and some movement in the starboard side main gear spring after landing. So we tackled those items early afternoon and found both sides of the main landing gear had worked loose, so we sorted it and tensioned up the tail wheel bungy rubber. 2 more test circuits and the aircraft is coming up nicely. Tomorrow we will fashion a couple of trim tabs for the rudder and elevator to take out some slight bias, then I should be right to give it a go - excited and a little nervous I am!!!

Pud

Congratulations on showing us how this stage should be handled Pud.

Guest davidh10

Great news Pud. I bet it was a proud moment to watch her fly. I can understand your trepidation, for your first flight in her, particularly after all the setbacks you have encountered along the way, but I'm sure after you have done a circuit, you will relax somewhat.

Best wishes for your maiden flight.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts and wishes.

I'm not in the air yet! Now is not the time to rush right ahead, now is the time to methodically go through the process one step at a time and address each little issue as it presents. I only got an hours work in today due to very good friends coming for lunch. Still I managed to fashion one of the trim tabs whilst at the airfield and I brought the material home to make the other trim tab. I did that late this afternoon and have applied a coat of etch primer to both trim tabs. I can paint them during the week and fit them both next Saturday.

Cheers,

Pud

• Like 1

Glad to see all this pressure to perform is not getting to you Pud....the consummate safe aviator.

However, when you DO fly it we want video! We don't care what it takes, we need video! :big_grin:

Cheers,

Peter