Magazine?

With all the talk of missing magazines recently, I was surprised this morning to fine a copy od Sport Pilot in my mail box. This is the new RAA publication. Did you receive yours yet.

I'm now off to enjoy a coffee, and see what the mag contains.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the EAA Sport Aviation in my mail today. I'll have to just make do with that.

EAA magazine rocks! I sometimes wish that the EAA would take RAA under its wing and we could be a sister organisation with all their benefits and knowledge.

Scotty 063_coffee.gif.b574a6f834090bf3f27c51bb81b045cf.gif

Guest SAJabiruflyer

I've read a few of their Mags and have enjoyed them. I also like Flying (US) and have been known to get the odd Australian Flying Mag too.

I've read a few of their Mags and have enjoyed them. I also like Flying (US) and have been known to get the odd Australian Flying Mag too.

Hi Brett...the thing that unimpresses me the most with the Aussie mags is there are very few "How to" articles. I dont only mean "how to build a plane" articles as not eveyone is into that but other aspects of aviation as well. They seem full of adds, which can be good if your in the market for something and millions of articles about going on a flying trip. I love the EAA homebuilder videos on their website and the "How to" articles in the mag. Kitplanes isnt too bad either.

Scotty 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Hi Brett...the thing that unimpresses me the most with the Aussie mags is there are very few "How to" articles....Scotty 062_book.gif.f66253742d25e17391c5980536af74da.gif

Good point. I just gave myself an early Xmas present with a subscription to the EAA. Im curious - how long does it take to come out to Aus? My National Geographic US version can take up to 6 weeks.

Good point. I just gave myself an early Xmas present with a subscription to the EAA. Im curious - how long does it take to come out to Aus? My National Geographic US version can take up to 6 weeks.

Brett...they will email you a link to download it hot off the press! Around a 30mb download. The hard copy usually follows weeks later. I was hesitant subscribing to EAA at first as it is another subscription but I am cancelling my SAAA membership as it offers absolutely nothing! I was hoping that mag would be a good read but alas not! I love the EAA! Its a bargain too! Correct me if im wrong but isnt it about fifty odd dollars a year from memory?

Scotty 093_celebrate.gif.b819cda4acf84f8ea794b849a8b7287c.gif:clap2:

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Brett...they will email you a link to download it hot off the press! Around a 30mb download.....Scotty 093_celebrate.gif.b819cda4acf84f8ea794b849a8b7287c.gif:clap2:

'Twas $56 which I figure is pretty good for a years worth of entertainment. I'm not sure about you, but even though I spend all day on computers I STILL like to read hard copy stuff. Prolly because its easy to lie back in bed at night with the latest mag and annoy the wife when she's trying to sleep. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Prolly because its easy to lie back in bed at night with the latest mag and annoy the wife when she's trying to sleep. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

...are you married to my wife as well...HA! I annoy her even more by reading it on my laptop in bed!

Guest SAJabiruflyer
...are you married to my wife as well...HA! I annoy her even more by reading it on my laptop in bed!

I had enough trouble training one, let alone another!!:peepwall:

Guest SAJabiruflyer
You actually managed to train one? Share the secret please! 074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

If only it were true. I'm the one who has been trained lol!!! 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif

Guest ozzie

My copy usually arrives two weeks after it comes on line. If the RAAus is on time i pick them up together on the weekly clear out of my box.

I think membership cost $45.us and extra 15 or so for international postage. On top of the great read that the mag is i receive 3 to 4 News emails a month that you can spend over an hour reading. Excellent websites. Plus mandatory really if you plan to 'do the big one'. Lot of positive reasons to spend the money. My only real problem of late is room to put all these magazines i have collected over the years. I've made a habit now of handing it on when the next issue arrives. And I'll start culling all the Pac Flier, RAA/AUF, Skydive, getting a bit out of control. With the on line archives these days i could free up heaps of space.

Ultimate dream: FAA takes over CASA and the EAA moves in.

Received my mag yesterday, very, very dissapointed. It is called SPORT PILOT who's idea was that? The SAAA covers this category we are Recreational Pilots which covers a much broader range, we are members of Recreational Aviation Australia and that's what the magazine should be named. The membership decided by majority what our organisation should be called, so why weren't we asked about the name of our new magazine??? As far as the new mag is concerned I believe that it is not as good as our previous one. The Members Market photos are terrible because in an effort to save space, aircraft photos have been cropped heavily both top and bottom with wings being clipped and undercarriage completely missing. I could go on and on about other, what I believe are failings, but I will leave other contributors to fill in those gaps.

Not happy Jan.

Alan Marriette.

Couldn't agree more Alan. Really hate the classifieds. I'd be spitting chips if it were my planes photo they chopped. When I can find time, I'll work out the 'Fat to Meat' percentage. Right now I'll guess at 10 to 1.

So about the same as the Ra-Aus mag (or whatever its called now) depending on which part of the country to live in...

Couldn't agree with you more Guernsey, Deskpilot

Have we been taken over by Sport Aircraft Association of Australia (SAAA)?

Lower quality and not a single explanation following the questions asked at Natfly

I havn't received my magazine as yet but then Australian Post will have it up here in the NW in about 10-15 days going on past experience. I am dissapointed to see it reported on this thread that there has been a name change. Was this ever discussed amongst the membership and / or mentioned at Natfly? As for the content, I will come to a conclusion on that after said magazine is received and digested.

Cheers

Got mine today same fomat as RAA .

Too many ads ,if l buy an aircraft out of the mags Classified do l get the whole aircraft or whats in the pics.

Not the best and who came up with the name.