Wide Bay Australia International Airshow! (2011)

Tomo

Who's coming??

Looking pretty good so far by the roster they have - Matt Hall will obviously be a nice draw card too.

For all the info go to the website - http://www.widebayairshow.com.au/

I will be there as a MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) assistant volunteer Rep, and also will be speaking in one of the local churches there Sunday morning.

Be great to see you if you are there! I'm not sure just at the moment but I hope to fly in, not sure what in yet either, but will advise as the time gets nearer.

:thumb_up:

Regards,

Tom - 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Hi Tomo

I will be there on the saturday..will be driving up to my farm on the friday night taking my dad with me and will spend all day there then back to the farm and stay the night and drive back the sunday. My farm is only 30mins from Bundy airport. The sav wont be ready by then :( will keep a lookut for you and say hello

Mark

Hey Tomo!!

Yes I bought my ticket at the start of the year at the same time I bought my Avalon ticket!!!!!!

At this stage I will be driving up, I will think about whether to fly the Drifter up or not, the car might be quicker hahahahaha

Hey Tommo

Living in Bundy i will obviously be there also.

It would be good to catch up will all the people that frequent this site.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Andrew

G'day Andrew

I will also be home from Kununurra for the weekend of the airshow. Might be a good idea to have a meeting place and time on the Saturday.

I dont know the layout of the show as yet but my hangar may be available. It (hangar fronts 07/25). The main static display area is usually in front of the hangar on the eastern portion of the grass vector.

Cheers

I'll be there.

It was at the 2009 airshow that I first heard about Recreational Flying. What a difference a couple of years make - since then, earned my certificate, Xcountry and passenger endorsement, and happy as a (insert your own slightly dodgy reference here) pig in mud. This time I'll understand what everyone was talking about.

Tomo, can you wear a big sign round your neck? Like to meet and greet with as many other forumites.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Tomo is easy to spot......about 40kg and 175cm tall black hair and a big smile...oh and always wears a peaked cap .....if it rains he will be the one that doesnt get wet the drops will miss him :)....sorry Tomo just wished I was as light as you

Mike we will catch up on the Saturday no problem

Mark

• Like 1

Tomo is easy to spot......about 40kg and 175cm tall black hair and a big smile...oh and always wears a peaked cap .....if it rains he will be the one that doesnt get wet the drops will miss him :)....sorry Tomo just wished I was as light as youMike we will catch up on the Saturday no problem

Mark

Haha, no worries Mark... actually 56kg and 180cm tall... so you're pretty close on both accounts :thumb_up:

Yeah I'll be around, and no doubt at the MAF site, which I believe will be over near the RFDS site, we should have an aircraft there as well to look at. Will update you more on that later. And I'll have a name badge on most likely and MAF shirt.

actually 56kg and 180cm tall...

Knew a bloke like that once.... We called him 'pullthrough'008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif008_roflmao.gif.1e95c9eb792c8fd2890ba5ff06d4e15c.gif

Pud

PS. I'm 180cm tall too tomo, 110kg+ in the raw though!! Lucky my instructor was a matchstick with the wood shaved off eh?

• 1 month later...

Getting closer!!

I'll be heading up Friday about midday in the C182, via Toowoomba to pick up some friends on the way. Will be there Friday afternoon and Saturday till about 4.30pm. And Sunday afternoon to which we will depart back home.

Give me a call if you want to catch up... 0429 680 423

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Haha, no worries Mark... actually 56kg and 180cm tall... so you're pretty close on both accounts :thumb_up:Yeah I'll be around, and no doubt at the MAF site, which I believe will be over near the RFDS site, we should have an aircraft there as well to look at. Will update you more on that later. And I'll have a name badge on most likely and MAF shirt.

I was 60kg until I hit 25yrs old, then ballooned up to 92kg and now back down to a more healthy 86kg. Wont be long Tomo, happens to the best of us!! :clap2:

Got here this afternoon, pretty full on with everything, but it all went smoothly, for us anyway. Had to hold on the coast for about 10 minutes as the Roulettes were doing some show.

Looking forward to tomorrow, quite a few aircraft about!

I have arrived at my farm tonight about 30 mins from Bundy airport. My dad and myself will be there with bells on:)...cya sometime tomorrow Tommo

I will have my black tshirt with Kyle Communications on the back if any forumites see me and want to say hello with a bright green cap on my head

I'll be wearing a PNG shirt... so if you know it's colours - black/red/yellow/white stars, that's me. (figured not many would be wearing one!) Though if I'm wearing my jacket you won't see it! 040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif Ah, you'll figure it out... tall skinny guy prop.gif.61637aee349faef03caaa77c2d86cf41.gif

And a FlightOne cap.

By the way, run into Relfy and his J120 in Dalby yesterday... people you meet when you haven't got a shotgun... 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I can help out there turbo. Good to see you finally found an aircraft Tomo and it was good to finally put a face to the name even though you felt the need to rub it in that you were off to Bundy for the airshow whilst I had to get back for work. Had an interesting experience about 15 miles into my flight to St George though. What I thought was a wedge tail eagle screaming across in front of me from right to left turned out to be an F18 Super Hornet dive bombing a dam on a property. Started to get a bit worried because he came back towards me a few times and didn't appear to be talking to anyone on the radio. He was also outside the active airspace that I was going around. Surely he would have picked me up on tcas though. I was going to engage him but I had a bucket of KFC chicken to deliver to some very needy kids in far west qld some 700km from their nearest store.

Guest Maj Millard

Had some interesting aircraft come through Shute harbour on Thursday heading for the show. Nice little blue/white Auster and a nice black/gold Cessna 150 texas taildragger..Blowing like hell Fri morn when they left..hope they made it. We have Matt Hall at the Ingham Wings and wheels in two weekends time, plus heaps of warbirds, looking foward to that also.

............................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

here are a few pics from today. matt halls display was impressive. Paul Bennets display in duo and solo was impressive as well. Paul used to be my display pilot for Simjet model turbine engines he was and is still one of the best model jet pilots in Australia until he now mostly flies his Pitts in airshows Max G is the aircraft name. Paul also gets to fly the Trojans and Avengers as well at airshows. He had a busy day today doing the duo with the other pitts then doing his solo routine then jumping in one of the avengers and doing a duo with the other one and he gets to do it all again tomorrow....lucky bugger. I and my dad enjoyed the day and catching up with paul again. Also met a few forumites like tommo and waggs and av8r...also run into a feloow I havent seen for a few years who used to fly models in Brisbane he then moved to Bundy and opened a model shop and ran it for quite a few years until he sold it and retired early. He just bought a Sinson Voyger and its in great nick for a aircraft built in 1948 so got a chance to look over it as well. So all in all a great day...drive back home tomorrow and hopefully not to tired to work on my Sav

Uploaded a couple of pics of the business end of one of the roulettes...its good to know people who can get you in to see such things :)

Mark

DSC_4560_1.jpg.ca6223d8bdd09203afb9ab548c69fac6.jpg

DSC_4559_1.jpg.c96c66e784b7a70026e7a6e4d5aa99e2.jpg

DSC_4562_1.jpg.30dea587692060b944c8c50d96273d41.jpg

DSC_4556_1.jpg.931d2594c13ac44edac0090f4c1d352d.jpg

DSC_4549_1.jpg.ed4f23ff8ed2127c06476537452c6615.jpg

DSC_4553_1.jpg.58051b6e80be5bd95e9751efa3476384.jpg