CSU and RG

Doing my CSU and RG endorsements on Saturday in a 182, with a C210 donk in the front, and STOL kit fitted. Should be fun!

Any tips and tricks you reckon I should know? Obviously everything will get covered in the training, but never hurts to talk about things.

Doing my CSU and RG endorsements on Saturday in a 182, with a C210 donk in the front, and STOL kit fitted. Should be fun!Any tips and tricks you reckon I should know? Obviously everything will get covered in the training, but never hurts to talk about things.

RG- " Red Green"- Don't confuse the two tomo- They say there are those pilots who have landed wheels up and those that are going too....:big_grin:

why the 300hp upfront?

Dunno, that's just what it's been changed to, haven't seen the aircraft in the flesh yet, but they say it goes like a rocket. I don't really mind either way, I just like flying! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Up, down. Easy. Just don't forget the down. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Seriously, those pre-landing checks must be thought about and done, it is easy to slip into complacency and rush through them.

Also allow sufficient time for slowing down, setting up the aircraft for landing, and be kind to that engine. Those Continentals have had their fair share of issues.

Yes, don't be in a rush to retract the gear. I would leave it down whilever there is usable runway beneath you.(within reason)...Don't know about those who have and those who are going to..( land gear up). Get second nature to check things like mixture rich, pitch fine, and landing gear 3 greens,and might as well include landing clearance, because you are going to go where you need it.

With your CS prop(s), make sure you understand the fine pitch lock (stop). What angle it is and what power you can get at low speeds, without overspeeding the engine, if the prop mechanism fails and you end up on the fine pitch stop. You should still be able to fly at reduced speed.

You should also learn the actions for various overspeed figures for those bigger engines. Above some rpm's it is a scrap the engine thing. No rebuild permitted. Nev

Thanks everyone, all appreciated! :thumb_up:

That video is pretty sad, maybe he had a headset that was too good, plus the distraction of talking. But that's a pretty sad excuse isn't it. Not a bad wheels up landing though. 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

..there's a 'good' wheels up T?

Well, the video made it onto youtube....so they probably all walked away from the landing....hence, ipso facto, according to legend and popular lore, the landing was good!!

I did it! :big_grin:

Now that 300hp is the funnest thing I've ever played with!! I reckon I could do take offs all day and not get sick of it... getting pushed back in your seat is pretty awesome! It's fitted with the 540 Lycoming, fuel injected.

Tail wheel next! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Will they solo hire it or is it just for dual?David

Its just dual but worth doing too see what they are like. Great fun - I am lucky now as a friend has one I fly a bit.