Don Ramsay (NSW)

Ed Herring (SA)

Myles Breitkreutz (SQ)

John McKeown (SQ)

William (Bill) Cain (Vic)

Congratulations to all

Col

• Like 2

Congratulations to all of you guys...well done.

But i would also like to, and on behalf of every member, personally say thanks to all those that did volunteer in putting their hand up but were on this occasion unsuccessful

• Like 4

Congratulations to all of you guys...well done.But i would also like to, and on behalf of every member, personally say thanks to all those that did volunteer in putting their hand up but were on this occasion unsuccessful

Hear hear, What Ian said.

I take it the NSW bi election isn't over, so Col is still in the running?

I suppose i shoulda said....who's in ...and....who's out!!

New Board Members

- Gavin Thobaven (WA) replaces Ed Smith

- Don Ramsay (NSW) replaces Dave Caban

- Ed Herring (SA) replaces Lynn Jarvis (did not contest)

- William (Bill) Cain (Vic) replaces Ian Baker (did not contest)

Re-elected

- Myles Breitkreutz (SQ)

- John McKeown (SQ)

Cheers

Col:outback:

Congratulations to Gavin, Don, Ed and Bill for their successful bid and I guess I owe at least three of you dinner. The winds of change are in the air!.

Thanks to all of those who made the effort to stand. There is always next year!!

Cheers, Cazza

• Like 3

Only your spot left Carol, its not going to be the same without you:crying:.

As Don is also running in the bielection, if he wins that as well does that mean he gets two votes? Where's a constitutional expert when you need one.003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

As Ian has mentioned congrats to those that were sucessful:welcome: and thanks to those that put up their hands and didn't make it this time. Hopefully the age of uncontested positions is behind us.

Nick

Well done and a big thanks to Ian and the members of this forum who helped to turn on the lights. We are only half way there tho.

Ozzie

Thanks for your efforts, David, in the whole election process.

Two comments:

1- I was hoping that with all the publicity on this site, and with the amount of meet and greet some of the candidates did at Natfly and elsewhere, that voter turnout might have been significantly higher.

2- I'm slightly uneasy with the fact that a group of pilots, who supposedly can read maps; read weather forecasts and notams; and do the calculations and planning for fuel, weight and navigation etc; can't seem to follow a reasonably simple set of voting instructions. 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

• Like 1

Congratulations to all successful candidates, especially Gavin Thobaven in WA. Thanks also to Ed Smith for his contribution as a board member.

I'm not surprised at the small percentage of voters who exercised there right to vote - As I've said before; most recreational aviators, rightly or wrongly, see the fee they pay to RaAus as a "Licence fee" just like your vehicle licence, and couldn't give a damn about being a member as such, or voting or engaging in any meaningful discussion on the RaAus. They just want to fly, and have to pay a fee to do so.

Pud

I believe Ed Smith in WA lost by 1 v0te

I can't say anything about Gavin as I don't know him but the board will miss Ed...he was a good contributor to the board...if anyone knows Gavin, have a word to him and tell him to come back on here and introduce himself again...Gavin has been a member here since 2007 and was last on the site in May

I believe Ed Smith in WA lost by 1 v0teI can't say anything about Gavin as I don't know him but the board will miss Ed...he was a good contributor to the board...if anyone knows Gavin, have a word to him and tell him to come back on here and introduce himself again...Gavin has been a member here since 2007 and was last on the site in May

He didn't loose, he came a very close second so deserves the Silver Medal for standing again. Well done Ed.

Alan Marriette.:thumb_up:

• Like 1

I am told they are big shoes to fill as Ed was a real contributor not a passenger like some previously.Gavin sounds like he has a bit of determination about him and should be good as well.

They could still work together for the good of the membership and you have a perfect proxy in the event that the rep cannot attend a meeting.

Alan.

Congratulations to the new board members;

thanks to all those who stood for election;

and finally thank you to those who have served.

Ian as a Vic rep thank you for standing up.

That's a very, very poor voter turnout! 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

To All SA RA-Aus Members

By now most of you will have received notification that i was successful in my endeavour to become the RA-Aus Board Member Representative for South Australia. This is thanks to the Members that took the time to vote.

I am under no illusion that i will not face challenges with the role but i will be doing my very best to keep the membership informed as best i can. In the next few weeks i will be distributing a form for you all to fill out and return to me with your contact details so that communication is possible. In my Election Statement i promised that i would communicate with SA Members as best i can and if this is your wish this Form is necessary due to the fact that many Members have not ticked the box for the USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY Declaration, to allow other RA-Aus Members ( including Board Members for the obvious privacy reasons ), access to contact details for Members.

There are currently about 1183 SA Members and 283 votes were counted so we managed to increase the members interest in voting to about 24% from about 15% last time which is a very good effort on behalf of the SA Members. I also thank Bas and Ian for standing and making it a contest. Meanwhile, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Once again thank you for your support.

Best Regards

ED

Ed Herring

SA RA-Aus Board Rep ( Elect )

# 003605

0408 787 018

• Like 1

To All SA RA-Aus MembersBy now most of you will have received notification that i was successful in my endeavour to become the RA-Aus Board Member Representative for South Australia. This is thanks to the Members that took the time to vote.

Hearty congratulations Ed !011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I also would like to have a mailing list of NSW/ACT members so that I can maintain a two-way dialogue with them. If I am to represent members, I need to know their views on various issues and make my views known to them. In this way we can get to a good position for me to take to the Board. I am not necessarily aiming for a full consensus. That is rarely possible and sometimes not even desirable.In addition, I want to be able to communicate to NSW/ACT members what is happening at the Board - clearly, excluding those few matters that deserve to be kept "in camera" or confidential. I believe I was voted in to improve two-way communication and that is something I will do.

However, I don't want to be filling member's email inboxes with what might as well be spam so you can be assured it will be to the point!

I like Ed's approach of seeking your formal consent so that there is no unintended invasion of privacy. Accordingly, I will proceed along similar lines.

But maybe RAA should have a board member mailout device on the RAA email system so board members can send out emails to their constituents without having direct access to the email addresses - protection against loss of the list and prevent unethical usage.

Cheers

Col

While these ideas might be good for getting regular feedback, the numbers will be minute compared to the thousands of people you represent, so a mass method would be better and that's where the RAA site and this site and facebook etc come in these days.