Fathers' Day

old man emu

Whacko!

My son gave me a leather flying helmet for Fathers' Day.

On the day before Fathers' Day, I had to agree to lend him my car until he gets the money to register his. Is the helmet worth the walk?

OME

Guest SAJabiruflyer
Whacko!My son gave me a leather flying helmet for Fathers' Day.

On the day before Fathers' Day, I had to agree to lend him my car until he gets the money to register his. Is the helmet worth the walk?

OME

...depends how much petrol he used and how many burnouts he did 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Whacko!My son gave me a leather flying helmet for Fathers' Day.

OME

Tally Ho, Biggles! Bandits at 6 o'clock!

She who must be obeyed came for a flight with me. Her conditions....limit 1 hour, no steep turns, no bumps, gentle everything, no farting in confined space

Four out of five aint bad........008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif008_roflmao.gif.1e95c9eb792c8fd2890ba5ff06d4e15c.gif008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Guest Andys@coffs
Not complete without some Steampunk goggles of course! gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif

OMG, amazing what you can get on the net.....and to think there would be a demand for such things....People if you didnt follow the link have a look....and a chuckle at the diversity of human nature...

Andy

Thanks OME, will check him out.

DD, thanks for that also, didn't realise that disposal store sold flying related gear, will check him out next time I'm in there.

Don't have my helmet now but as a kid I had an original that I wore to keep my ears warm whilst riding my bike during cold English winters.

Ah, flying helmet memories... Also in Canada for about a decade after the war ended, the cheap and plentiful war-surplus leather helmets were much utilized in prevention of schoolboy frozen ear lobes. Most of us wore them & most of us hated them with a vengeance and always wanted something more fashionable. Ironically, what my current one cost me in 1996 would have kept the whole family for a fortnight in 1955. Go figure eh?