Savannah Muster????

rankamateur

Is anyone here interested in an under-wing camp over in north-west NSW, very near Aerokits, perhaps in March this year after the weather cools off a bit but before it gets too cold. Might be a good chance for some to have a shake down before a trip to Nat-fly at easter.

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aerokits latest build should be christened by the end of the week, my strip is usually first landing on his maiden flights because it is nice and open for an easy landing so I will grab you some co-ordinates off his GPS and post them. Give some thought to a suitable weekend, my schedule is pretty flexible.

Can you give us a location? North West NSW is a big area! I could do it from Gawler using Broken Hill as a fuel/dunny stop.

30km south of Yetman, nearly directly by road, But co-ordinates will follow shortly, I don't have any GPS except an ag lightbar.

Hi. That looks like North East NSW to me!!!!

I guess we get brainwashed into thinking we are north-west because we are in the north-west slopes weather district, granted your point, It's not as west as Tibooburra.

North West NSW to me covers the area from say Lightning ridge to Broken Hill. North east, well, Moree to the top corner tweed area. either area is ok, its about 5 hrs in the Savvy from Wollongong to Lightning ridge, 6 to Bourke. all non stop if you have a big enough bladder.

Guest Howard Hughes
I am not sure that 750m of grass would be enough for a 206.

206? I'd get the Kingair in there, just wouldn't be getting it out without a decent headwind!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

206? I'd get the Kingair in there, just wouldn't be getting it out without a decent headwind!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

We could get everyone on the far end with their aircraft and hold them on full throttle, might give you a bit of a headwind... 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

• Like 1

Linda is due with our 2nd bub around the 20th of Febuary. I'm thinking I would probably be allowed to come down around the 10/3/12 if that suits anyone. No one has put up a date yet. What's everyone reckon.

Linda is due with our 2nd bub around the 20th of Febuary. I'm thinking I would probably be allowed to come down around the 10/3/12 if that suits anyone. No one has put up a date yet. What's everyone reckon.

That date is as good as any for me.

I got the co-ordinates for the strip off Google Earth tonight

29'08.700 150'43.500 @ 1200 ft.

• Like 1