Tech manager resigns

Guest ozzie

Just read elsewhere that Steve Bell has resigned from his position as RAAus Tech Manager.

No details given can anyone confirm this?

Ozzie

Just telephoned RaaUs and been advised that Steve Bell is no longer with RaaUs so I asked if he had moved to CASA but admin did not know.Alan.

Probably would not say even if they did due to the privacy laws!

This is the sort of thing that should be posted on the web site to stop rumours.

Does there have to be an acting Tech Manager appointed to allow RAAus to continue operating under the CASA "Instrument" authorising RAAus Operations?

Cheers

I think this is most unfortunate, I liked Steve very much and was looking forward to working with him on 95-10 category stuff for Natfly. I guess that is not to be.

It is probably reasonable to suspect that one way or the other Steve ended up a casualty of the wash up that followed the Ferris Wheel incident investigation.

What many don't know is that Steve bell brought to RAAus an enormous amount of "Extras" in added value...he has many different certifications that the members were able to benefit from...he ran courses for members, he could do certifications for members and much much more. Look at the work he was doing for every single Gazelle owner in helping them to extend the life of the wings, re-certification of the Gazelle so it could have a 912ULS engine and 3 blade prop, all for the members.

Another casualty of something that I will not go into but it is always the good ones that go, Lee Ungermann, Mick Poole, Chris Kein and what are we left with nothing but to ask the question "Why?"

Steve Mate, if you are reading this then please contact me if you like, you did a lot of great things for the MEMBERS and we had some great conversations!

1 February 2012 RESIGNATION OF THE RA-AUS TECHNICAL MANAGER

Mr Stephen Bell, the RA-Aus Technical Manager has resigned his position with immediate effect. I am sure you will all join the Board and the Staff of RA-Aus in thanking Steve for his work to date and to wish him well for the future.

The process of recruiting a new Technical Manager has begun and we hope to have a new Technical Manager in the chair as soon as possible. In the meantime the post will be covered by Mr Dean Tomkin and all queries of a Technical Matter should be directed to the Canberra office number of (02) 6280 4700 or through the Technical Managers e-mail address of [email protected].

Obviously the process of recruiting the Technical Manager will take some time. All members are asked to be cognisant of the fact that the current Technical manager is a stand in and they are asked for their patience and understanding during this time.

I would like to record my appreciation of Steve's work enthusiasm patience and personality in my dealings with him. A person who didn't make life unnecessarily complicated, and just got on with it. I know he had some health issues and wish him all the best whatever he is doing.

The job of "techman" in RAAus is a difficult one. We will be well served if the next person is as good. Nev

• Like 4

I wonder why?

" You can please some of the people, all of the time, You can please all of the people, some of the time,but you will never please all of the people, all of the time ".

I take my hat off to Mr Stephen Bell!.... He was " brave " enough to take on the job,for as long as he did.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Frank.

• Like 4