G'day from far Nth Queensland just joined

Hi all just a quick hello from up north, just joined the forum, have just regained my ra license and have learnt to fly the lovely ca 21 skyfox tail dragger , alot of fun and really an enjoyable challenge.Cheers

Well done Christian. I'm at Mackay and hoping to finish learning with a ca21 912 powered skyfox. Keep in touch Mike.

Well done Christian. I'm at Mackay and hoping to finish learning with a ca21 912 powered skyfox. Keep in touch Mike.

Hey cool, I must say that I really enjoy flying the tail dragger skyfox, can be a handful sometimes but well worth the challenges , you,ll love it, also with the 912 is an excellent engine for the fox, keep us posted how you are going.

Hey there frank you down in Deeral ?

Hey Christian, Absolutely!... At the end of Ross road, just 2 1/2 klm of the highway. The road comes into our property. I`ve got a couple of strips. Come in some time and say G`Day.

How are you going with that Drifter? Isn`t it the one we spoke about, over the phone?

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Hey Christian, Absolutely!... At the end of Ross road, just 2 1/2 klm of the highway. The road comes into our property. I`ve got a couple of strips. Come in some time and say G`Day.How are you going with that Drifter? Isn`t it the one we spoke about, over the phone?

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Hi frank

The drifter got passed onto a friend, my wife wanted and enclosed cockpit so I ended up with a skyfox, am very pleased I must say though with here, will drop you a line again in the not to distant future and drop in, would love to see the area down you way by the air.

Cheers

Hey cool, I must say that I really enjoy flying the tail dragger skyfox, can be a handful sometimes but well worth the challenges , you,ll love it, also with the 912 is an excellent engine for the fox, keep us posted how you are going.

Hi Christian

Which Skyfox are you flying? Mine is 55-0606. I'm not flying this weekend and I still need a bit more circuit experience. Today I fitted a solar charger and regulator at the hanger to keep the battery topped up and doing an oil change tomorrow and a couple of other small jobs then she is ready for the season ahead. I've been away recently to complete my LP, TW and 2 stroke to go with my HP, NW. Later i'll do pax and then X/C. I'll pm my email as I would be keen to phone you some time.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Maj Millard

Welcome Christian, Always good to hear of another keen aviator up here in the North. I have been into the Atherton strip in the Lightwing. I imagine somedays you'd need to be on the ball there in the Skyfox ?...I'm based at Montpelier Airpark (Oak valley) just West of Townsville if your ever down this way.............................................Cheers Maj......024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hi ChristianWhich Skyfox are you flying? Mine is 55-0606. I'm not flying this weekend and I still need a bit more circuit experience. Today I fitted a solar charger and regulator at the hanger to keep the battery topped up and doing an oil change tomorrow and a couple of other small jobs then she is ready for the season ahead. I've been away recently to complete my LP, TW and 2 stroke to go with my HP, NW. Later i'll do pax and then X/C. I'll pm my email as I would be keen to phone you some time.

Cheers

Hi there mate

My fox is number 0622 ca 21 model, I have found it extremely rewarding to master, especially on landings , just a good note to keep in mind is the dancing on the pedals to keep her strait, especially cross winds, I love flying this girl, she could do with a little more power but all in all is flying well.

As I,m sure you,re aware critical point comes when the transition from tail controlling direction to tail wheel once slowed enough, I have found it beneficial to keep on the throttle if she starts to lose the tail to get air movement over the rudder for authority again.

I look forward to having a chat.

Cheers

Mike

Welcome Christian, Always good to hear of another keen aviator up here in the North. I have been into the Atherton strip in the Lightwing. I imagine somedays you'd need to be on the ball there in the Skyfox ?...I'm based at Montpelier Airpark (Oak valley) just West of Townsville if your ever down this way.............................................Cheers Maj......024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Hi there Maj

Thanks for the reply, I plan on heading down that way in the future, I'm just doing my cross country at the moment, also I used to fly rc jets on that strip next door to your strip down there always used to wish that I could get up in the air myself someday again.

Yes the atherton strip can be fun somedays , if I know she's going to be a bit bumpy I'll land a little further down if possible, I,m also not far from the herberton strip so if ever up this way drop in, on a nice day though strip can be vary demanding, 3200 ft above sea level, trees crosswind,mturbulance etc

Cheers

Christian

Guest Maj Millard

Sounds just like my type of strip Christian.....not ! Funny but I often look down on the radio control strip right after takeoff, and often wish I could land there !...Actually I grab daughter and go visit there occasionally, and we are always entertained by the great collection of craft that you guys have at times. Looking foward to hooking up with you at some time in the future...Fly safe, cheers Ross.............................012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Christian

The message with your contact numbers on is not saved. Could you re send and i'll give you a call.

Cheers

Mike

Gday yes love the far north, I'm living up near Atherton on the atherton tablelands, quite close to the Herberton strip.Whereabouts are you?

A belated welcome, Christian. I just found this string. I have friends at Ravenshoe and family in Cairns, so I have a medium-term plan to fly into Atherton. Is that hangar still for rent? I'd sure like to be able to lock away my babe for a week or three while visiting.

Farri I have used your reply to finally locate your strip on the map. Don't know if I'm game to fly up the coast. Following the Gregory and Kennedy Development Roads inland looks safer!

Lyle