Date and location set for the first Rec Flying Flyin

Admin

Hi All

The date for the first "Northern" Recreational Flying has been sat for the Fri 22nd, Sat 23rd & Sun 24th June 2007.

The location is Camden Haven - a beautiful airstrip just South of Port Macquarie next to a river http://www.skycam.com.au/YCMH/

I will start the ball rolling with setting everything up - confirm location, book facilities etc.

Please refer back to this forum often for more information as the planning progesses - thanks to all those that voted in the polls and offered advice in their posts 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Ian, thank you for all your hard work organising this. ;)

Count us in!! For another go at the VFR Route through Williamtown I am even going to try that thing they call camping... :;)6:

We dont have means to get there yet but stay tuned... we're working on it!! Hopefully in the next few days we will have a new member of the family to introduce to you!

Guest bateo

I think I might try and avoid Williamtown.. I just feel that much safer and reassured that I am out of there way.. and am not expected to give this call there and stay 2nm mile North of this.. I might just fly inland come Via Armidale and cut straight across! Only extra 20-30 nm.. Means more hours logged anyway!

Williy airspace is very easy to navigate around, you have 2 options, the western track via Glouster to Taree, or the coastal route from Newcastle to Foster, the coastal route only requires a clearance request and location reports, all these are on the VTC. the views are spectacular from 500 ft..

If you fly on the weekends, then Williamtown becomes just another CTAF, as the restricted areas are deactivated!!! (check notams of course)

Guest David C

Count me in too Ian ;)... The downside is , I will be travelling solo as my co pilot wife and financial adviser Marilyn has to work and unfortunately despite protestations cannot change her roster . I will be under canvas , trying out my new tent . Hope the weather Gods look down on us ..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif. A word of warning to any of you thinking of taking the other half ... Apparently there are some pretty fancy shops in the area , so now may be a good time to " fix " up the credit cards , or better still just cut them up 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif..

Dave

Sorry I cannot make it. My other sport is interfering as I have a bushwalk organised for 24th. Pre walked it yesterday and did about 8km in 6 hours of walking. I couldn't manage much of a rate of climb.

Bateo,

Ultralights is right, Willy is not only an easy route but pretty spectacular, not to be missed . Read up and give it a go. Maybe you could team up with someone else making the trip and tag along with them if you're concerned. I might be corrected on this, but I think the coastal route is do-able without a transponder. Do I have this right Rob?

Paul

Great effort Sam and Ian..

That weekend was good for me - until today when my employer decided I am needed in one of our o/s offices that same week.. So cant make it - but wish all attendees a great weekend; it looks idyllic at Camden Haven.

Cheers

Chris

Guest bateo

Oh I know it is do-able... I just feel much safer knowing that I am out of there way.. But Ultralights said it was de-activated on weekends besides listed Notams, in which case will be the route.

Looks as though we may be able to make it up there on the Saturday after lunch. If we camp do we need to book in or just turn up ? Due to weight restrictions in the aircraft I have available to me so far we may not be able to camp though - I think I read somewhere that there will be transport available to local accommodation centres ? Also, is fuel going to be available ?

I have checked my calender and I will be there, I will be driving up and camping, Yes Ian there will be fuel available both AVGAS and MOGAS from drums on a limited basis (acording to the ERSA) . Should be a good get together weekend.

Thanks Fred - yeah, I thought there was fuel available but I wanted to wait till today to give them a ring to confirm - thanks again!