Is your partner interested in aviation

Admin

Is your partner interested in flying as much as you?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Is your partner interested in flying as much as you?

• Not at all and fight me all the way
    • They put up with it for me
    • They show a generalistic interest
    • They support me all the way
    • They have started flying also
    • They bloody got me into it
    • My answer is not an option

My wife often flew with me in the Archer or 172 & we enjoyed going off to another place for a meal or coffee. She was never into the flying just the things at the other end. She says she won't fly in the Sierra because "It looks too small". I pointed out that it is bigger than our car (taller (tailfin), longer & wider. Well the wings make it wider, right!) but that made no impact at all. We will just have to wait and see if there are some enticing places she would like to go once it is up & running & the only way I will go there is to fly there.

• Like 1

My darling does not have much interest in it but encourages me to fly not that i need any, she has been up in my trike/s about 10 times in 8 years and been up in the Jab 2 times in 18 months, she preffers fixed wing rather than the trikes as it has cabin heat.

Much preffers flying than getting on the back of a motorbike when I had them.

I am blessed with a good woman even though she doesn't share my passion like I do.

Alf

How old is Mandy .

I got Mandy as a tiny bundle of blach fur in 1999 when I still had my farm in the Strathbogies. She was working sheep at 6 months and Angus cows and calves at 12 months.

Now, like me and the Auster, she is a bit of an antique. I will miss her terribly when she goes because she helped me with the other black dog that controlled my life for quite some time.

Kaz

• Like 2

yeah,

I agree, dogs are incredible company. I have a German Shepherd 'Meka', she is personality plus, my fourth GS since I was a boy ( a few years in between dogs).

They become a serious part of your life and break your heart when they go. Problem is we always out live them.

I want to take Meka in the Auster but she is a little ADHD I think and not sure how calm she would be, she loves the car though.

I am happy Mandy scared off that other black dog m'dear .. all power to you ... debilitating those other black dogs.

• Like 1

Guest nunans

My wife is great, was happy touring with me for weekends away on our RT1150 bike while we had it and has flown in trikes which she loved, has flown with me in a jab and when I get a two seater will come with me also.

I don't think she has any desire to learn to fly but she accepts my hobbies and interests really well

Mine was reluctant at first - but after a couple of flights a few years ago - checking out what the neighbouring farms were doing - she has become the one who plans weekends away! Likes getting there and back quickly and taking lots of photos along the way...

Sadly, my wife is not interested in any of my hobbies and has no hobbies of her own.. She has taken to PT like a raging brushfire in summer...

So, alone I go fishing, motorcycling, golfing, camping and triking...

Occasionally one of my two daughters will come along (but I'm sure it's just because they feel sorry for me rather than wanting to go!!)